Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Soldato
Sending mine back due to standby and the "static" issue. On another side, also pretty disappointed with the colours too, I've been doing more tests with my PG348Q and on greater inspection (in games), it's pretty terrible tbh.

Associate
Sending mine back due to standby and the "static" issue. On another side, also pretty disappointed with the colours too, I've been doing more tests with my PG348Q and on greater inspection (in games), it's pretty terrible tbh.

What was wrong with the colous? Washed out? Did you calibrate the display at all? It could just be worse out of the box.

Caporegime
OP
Did you check your GPU control panel settings? For some reason, mine activated a few adjustments like the colour temp when I connected it to this monitor.

Although it definitely doesn't have the same punch as my lg 29um65 in darker scenes (probably cause of the weaker contrast) but on the whole, I think the colours are better, more bright/vivid in their own way. Been playing some BL 3 and division 2 and they look great, both at the opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of colour palette and art style.

2GUHOz1l.jpg

3UrlEpNl.jpg

XYBX4lKl.jpg

Saying that, I would expect the £900+ screens to have better IQ as they are using LGs IPS panels iirc.

EDIT:

Also, make sure 10 bit is selected in your control panel.

Caporegime
OP
Speaking of the standby issues, mine has had it a few more times (vega 56 connected via amazon DP cable) but still rare enough to not bother me too much, willing to put up with it given how good the display is for lack of backlight bleed and the price etc.

Has iiyama responded anymore since that ticket was raised? @Phobos_

EDIT:

Was having a look to see if there were any drivers on their site just in case this might solve the issue but can't see anything and noticed in their specs:

16.7mln 8bit

Yet........

3N1ZgSs.png

Associate
No updates since mate.

With regards to the colour depth, I'm pretty sure it's 8bit + FRC, since the spec page only mentions 16.7m colours. Can't remember how it is on Nvidia, but the AMD driver reports 6bit + FRC as 8bit and 8bit + FRC as 10bit.

Associate
It's nearly impossible to tell the difference between 8bit + dithering and 10bit with the human eye. Unless you're watching media specifically made to show those differences with back to back comparisons.

The colours of this monitor are definitely good enough for sRGB multimedia and gaming. That Polish review on the previous page pretty much confirms that: 99.5% sRGB coverage and 1.4 dE average out of the box (anything 2 or lower is very good for factory calibration), going down to 0.67 dE by calibrating with the OSD alone. The only downside is that contrast is down to TN-level at 800:1, but that seems to be the sacrifice needed to get IPS-like technologies to refresh fast. LG did a similar thing with their latest panels to push them to 120 or 144Hz native (aw3420dw, 34gk950f for example), when their older ones (X34A, pg348q) had more like 1100:1. Which is still pretty weak, VA alternatives considered.

Caporegime
OP
TBH, I was put of that LG 27" 1440 IPS 144HZ screen because of it's 800:1 contrast ratio reports but now with this one, it isn't too much of an issue in all honesty, in terms of dark scenes, it sucks massively compared to VA and especially OLED but that will be the same with any IPS screen.

It's better to have a lesser contrast ratio with little to no bleed than a high contrast ratio with severe bleed or/and glow issues.

Soldato
Man, I've been without my darling for around 10 days now and I might my replacement tomorrow. Cross some fingers for me gents. I would really like it to be without faulty pixels.

Soldato
Good luck ! I'm over the moon with mine , love it. You soon get used to the size of the screen pretty quickly too.

Quite funny actually, before I got the Iiyama I had a Lenovo G34 curved ultrawide that I so when I set up the Iiyama it was like the screen was curving backwards :p really really weird. Even my flat 27 inch had this effect for a short time.

Associate
This may be a stupid question dont shoot me, will this work with an Nvidia card and GSync?
You have to enable variable refresh in the screens OSD, and then it will appear in the NV control panel.
In may case I had to re-install the GPU driver, but most seems to worked straight away.

Back
Top Bottom