Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Caporegime
Mine finally arrived yesterday and all i can is wow, what a monitor. Ive been lucky, no dead pixels or damage. Ive had the problem were the screen only shows half after waking up but resolved after a quick turn off and on.

I think i need to upgrade my card as the gtx 1080 struggles in a few games (Warzone and Asseta Corsa Comp) but going to wait for the next round of cards by nVidia or AMD. This monitor is a steal at this price point. I will update if any issues arise.
I had a few struggles with my 1080 when I got my Ultrawide. Ended up upgrading to a MSI Gaming X Trio 2070 Super. Runs brilliantly.

Associate
Anyone got this to work over usb c to display port. Can't get any output to the monitor I e even tried hdmi and it's not playing ball. Monitor works though as I've had the PlayStation on it no problem. Using a 1080 maxQ (it's a laptop)

Associate
Any news on the fix for this standby issue? Just changed GPU and now experiencing it!
Nope...I will try HDMI... I can rather survive with 120 instead of 144 Hz than with the standby issue for now. What GPU are you using now?
I do have a 2nd one here, same issue, 2 different cables (one old one, one from the delivered screens), I will try a 4k 144 Hz Cable from Amazon on Friday (with all kinds of features).

Anyone got this to work over usb c to display port. Can't get any output to the monitor I e even tried hdmi and it's not playing ball. Monitor works though as I've had the PlayStation on it no problem. Using a 1080 maxQ (it's a laptop)
In general, that works. Mi USB-C Adapter (4 USB/Mini DP) or Thunderbold 3 dock. Are u sure that your USB-C has displayport alternate mode?

Associate
So in general, it should work via your USB-C port (Thunderbold 3) or via HDMI 2.0 (not 144 Hz). Mine works at 100 Hz max via Thunderbold 3 (but that may be caused by the Intel HD 620 or my TB3 is just 20Gbits).
It should be a Thunderbold 3 dock or a USB-C dock that supports at least 4K 60Hz.

Standby Issue:
Tried HDMI (but just 100Hz and 8 Bit) -> no standby issue. DP -> standby issue...

Associate
Well I had no luck with the USB-c to DP but did manage to get HDMI to work, obviously I'm limited to 60hz right now but I'm building a new PC in the next few weeks so that's not really an issue. I am however thoroughly impressed with this monitor and I seemed to have gotten lucky, no other issues present and the picture is superb.

Soldato
Nope...I will try HDMI... I can rather survive with 120 instead of 144 Hz than with the standby issue for now. What GPU are you using now?
I do have a 2nd one here, same issue, 2 different cables (one old one, one from the delivered screens), I will try a 4k 144 Hz Cable from Amazon on Friday (with all kinds of features).

I went from 1080 to Radeon VII. Now I get occasional standby problems. So for me it wasn't the cable but rather seemed to be GPU-related in some way.

Caporegime
OP

Decent enough review and agree with most of it.

Although, the panel is 10 bit, at least that is what shows in AMD control panel.

As for the freesync range, I do agree, it is a bit high at 48 fps starting range but....... in my experience, regardless of free/g sync, anything less than 60 fps is still horrible so personally I always aim for at least 60 fps anyway.

Back
Top Bottom