Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Well had time to play with mine.

Colours are excellent, gsync worked out of the gate. Really don't know how I lived without ultrawide for games.

Also very little IPS glow / bleed. A very small amount bottom left (right is a reflection not IPS glow or bleed btw)

20200519-190652.jpg

Is there a setting for G-Sync or is it automatic?

Got mine on Saturday fantastic panel but mine is being RMA'ed too and collected tomorrow due to dead pixels.

PS: I didn't buy mine from OCUK.

My first ultrawide. Liked it.

No damage to the monitor just got unlucky I think. Found three single stuck/drop pixels. Then after further checking found another three sets of clusters of stuck/drop pixels.

However, if it wasn't for the drop pixels I think this monitor is pretty damn good.

I have a few monitors currently:

• ASUS PG279Q (1440P 165hz)
  • ACER Predator XB272 (1080P 240Hz)
  • Eizo fg2421 (1080p 120/240HZ)
  • BenQ (1080p 60Hz)

Normally, I split my time during the week between two different places hence the amount of monitors above. (Obviously not over the past few months due to the human malware)

Jumped onto:

• Battlefield V
  • COD MW
  • Red Dead 2
  • Division 2.

All the games above looked pretty good. As others have already mentioned Gsync compatible worked striaght out the gate. Felt fliud enough to me.

I watched some movies too, for me at least, I found that if you turn most of the things off like freesync etc the pictures looks good.

This monitor was hooked up to my AMD setup:

• 3700X
  • Asus Crosshair X570
  • 16GB Gskill 3200Mhz (clocked at 3600Mhz)
  • EVGA 2070 Super FTW3.

Hoping they replace mine, still want it. :)

Thanks,

NE

Got mine from OCUK today

unfortunately....
h1Gdkfb.jpg
I get this line across the screen :( I can only see it on coloured backgrounds and it stretches across the entire width of the screen. (faint at one end). such a shame because im really impressed with it apart from this fault.
gonna have to RMA and send it back for a replacement unless someone thinks this is easily fixable.
considering the corona virus situation do you think i can arrange a pickup service for this?

Got mine on Saturday fantastic panel but mine is being RMA'ed too and collected tomorrow due to dead pixels.

PS: I didn't buy mine from OCUK.

My first ultrawide. Liked it.

No damage to the monitor just got unlucky I think. Found three single stuck/drop pixels. Then after further checking found another three sets of clusters of stuck/drop pixels.

However, if it wasn't for the drop pixels I think this monitor is pretty damn good.

I have a few monitors currently:

• ASUS PG279Q (1440P 165hz)
  • ACER Predator XB272 (1080P 240Hz)
  • Eizo fg2421 (1080p 120/240HZ)
  • BenQ (1080p 60Hz)

Normally, I split my time during the week between two different places hence the amount of monitors above. (Obviously not over the past few months due to the human malware)

Jumped onto:

• Battlefield V
  • COD MW
  • Red Dead 2
  • Division 2.

All the games above looked pretty good. As others have already mentioned Gsync compatible worked striaght out the gate. Felt fliud enough to me.
Hoping they replace mine, still want it. :)

NE

If they offer me a replacement I will happily take it.

Id jump on quick, theyre selling out quick allot of places. I can see a price hike if Iiyama are smart.

Yup, very likely the price will go up but quite concerning how many have problems already :(

I always wonder just how many of the problems are down to damn delivery people, I have never seen anyone be exactly gentle when dropping of stuff, then the other week when I took delivery of my new chair, guy went and dropped it..... Needless to say, it has a creaking noise and is a bit wobbly but I don't know if that is because the chair is refurbished or because of him dropping it.... :rolleyes:

Yup, very likely the price will go up but quite concerning how many have problems already :(

I always wonder just how many of the problems are down to damn delivery people, I have never seen anyone be exactly gentle when dropping of stuff, then the other week when I took delivery of my new chair, guy went and dropped it..... Needless to say, it has a creaking noise and is a bit wobbly but I don't know if that is because the chair is refurbished or because of him dropping it.... :rolleyes:

It is possible these issues are caused by some less than gentle warehouse staff/delivery drivers. Everything else about these monitors seems spot on

To be honest I think its mainly down the fact this monitor caught the attention of enthusiasts on various forums, ive seen it posted about on here, reddit, hotukdeals etc. All ordering and commenting back.

Dead pixels and IPS Glow etc are just par for course across any brand I've found.

Dead pixels IMO should not be allowed at all on monitors when they're brand new. The fact that some brands don't see anything less than say 5 as an issue blows my mind.

Dead pixels IMO should not be allowed at all on monitors when they're brand new. The fact that some brands don't see anything less than say 5 as an issue blows my mind.
It’s clearly a profit keeping measure to reduce QC at the factory, increase yield and reduce returns. It’s where someone like Dell and their Premium Panel Guarantee come in and why you pay extra.

Just noticed that the "other" retailer most people bought this from (Inc me) bumped the price upto £477 overnight.

Got some game time in last night on mine and once thing was apparent... I need the 3080ti to release lol. GTA at 3440x1440 in ultra could do 60ish fps, which felt like a PowerPoint slide show, so dropped to 2560x1080@144hz. That was fine.
Pube g runs in 3440x1440 at big fps with the settings I play though, so that was awesome.
Civ 6 in native res is just glorious too!
Love this screen, really tempted to get a 2nd...

OK - No bleed apparent to me. Contrast is improved over my old AOC

To enable GSync you have to go into the OSD menu. It's the far right hand sub-menu, and there's a toggle switch.
I had to clean re-install the GPU driver to get the Gsync option to appear in the NV control panel, but that was it.

EDIT - No issues with the AG coating either. Excel and fine text are clean and sharp. For some reason, neither Imgur or Imgbox are letting me upload a close up. I have no idea why. ImgBox says the images are too big at 12Mb, and Imgur just fails...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom