Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

In the specs it lists the 'Vertical Sync' as 48 - 144Hz, is that the Freesync range?

I currently have a regular 2560x1440 screen with a Vega 64 graphics card, do you think the extra pixels of 3440x1440 will be a problem?

Thanks

In the specs it lists the 'Vertical Sync' as 48 - 144Hz, is that the Freesync range?

I currently have a regular 2560x1440 screen with a Vega 64 graphics card, do you think the extra pixels of 3440x1440 will be a problem?

Thanks

No it won't. I got a Vega 64 myself and just returned an ultrawide 3440x1440 and had no issues with the resolution. Sure not every game can be maxed out to ultra while maintaining 70+ fps but usually, you don't have to sacrifice a lot of settings to get the framerate into an acceptable area.

Thanks

I have a vega 64 and it can handle most games at 3440x1440, as long as your sensible with the options you use imo

I have a vega 64 and it can handle most games at 3440x1440, as long as your sensible with the options you use imo

What were your other specs?
I have a i7 2600k (4.3ghz)
16gb memory
But a Vega 56 that is OC to 950 and 1000 on memory.
Hopefully this would be good for me too.

I'm just caught up in the reading up of if flat or curved is best. Also if my mind will accept black pillars when watching YouTube content

What were your other specs?
I have a i7 2600k (4.3ghz)
16gb memory
But a Vega 56 that is OC to 950 and 1000 on memory.
Hopefully this would be good for me too.

I'm just caught up in the reading up of if flat or curved is best. Also if my mind will accept black pillars when watching YouTube content

I have a 2700x, 16gb, sapphire nitro+ vega64. 3440x1440 is great on this setup. A freesync screen just helps keep everything feeling smooth.

Monitor got collected an hour ago.

The DPD driver looked a bit nervous as it was the same one that delivered it on Saturday.

Driver: "Was it because of the delivery that it was damaged?"

Me: Paused for a bit (wasn't expecting him to ask). Now, I could troll the guy a bit but thought nah I'm not gonna be that guy ... He looks legit concerned anyway. Watched on the driverway camera as he put the monitor in the back of the van like it was a new born baby. (I wouldn't put a baby in the back of the van *just in case someone takes this the wrong way) Just saying he was very careful.

Fingers crossed for the next one.

Lower settings and it might be okay, but this screen does 2560x1080@144hz too, I just had to create a custom res for it but some games I prefer in the lower res, GTA 5 being one of them.

Thanks

Monitor got collected an hour ago.

The DPD driver looked a bit nervous as it was the same one that delivered it on Saturday.

Driver: "Was it because of the delivery that it was damaged?"

Me: Paused for a bit (wasn't expecting him to ask). Now, I could troll the guy a bit but thought nah I'm not gonna be that guy ... He looks legit concerned anyway. Watched on the driverway camera as he put the monitor in the back of the van like it was a new born baby. (I wouldn't put a baby in the back of the van *just in case someone takes this the wrong way) Just saying he was very careful.

Fingers crossed for the next one.

I rate DPD highly. One of the best firms out there, and my local driver is excellent.

Want to buy this monitor but worried about the response times, how good are they? I see some people here previously had other 1440p 144hz panels, how does this compare? Like with the pg279q for example. If it matches at least that then I am sold.

Test UFO screenshots could help too though some blur could be caused by the camera so I'm more interested in first hand experience. Also FYI, in test UFO you have to follow the UFO with the camera when you take the screenshot, that's what the black and white lines are for underneath, they line up when you follow the UFO right if that makes any sense :p

EDIT:
Also what is the input lag like? both at 60hz and 144hz? Is there any noticeable? I know some high HZ displays have relatively high input lag at 60hz for some reason which is why I also ask about that, thanks.

Last edited:
Want to buy this monitor but worried about the response times, how good are they? I see some people here previously had other 1440p 144hz panels, how does this compare? Like with the pg279q for example. If it matches at least that then I am sold.

Test UFO screenshots could help too though some blur could be caused by the camera so I'm more interested in first hand experience. Also FYI, in test UFO you have to follow the UFO with the camera when you take the screenshot, that's what the black and white lines are for underneath, they line up when you follow the UFO right if that makes any sense :p

EDIT:
Also what is the input lag like? both at 60hz and 144hz? Is there any noticeable? I know some high HZ displays have relatively high input lag at 60hz for some reason which is why I also ask about that, thanks.

I thought this might be coming. Stats on paper are one thing but how does it actually compare.

Unfortunately, I'm not at the location where my PG279Q is. I haven't used it for over two months since this Covid situation and would rather use the PG279Q then jump onto the ultrawide iiyama monitor to make a fair comparison.

Also the PG279Q is hooked up to a different gaming rig so may perform better.

For me at least:

What I can say is that I didn't feel the iiyama hindered my abililty to frag on games like BFV or COD etc even tho the FPS took a hit. With a 2070 super running things @ almost ultra in BFV I was hitting 90-100 FPS (perhaps dipped into the 80s at points).

I only tried 120Hz and 144Hz, 144Hz felt a bit better to me.

The PG279Q had bucket loads of orange glow in the corners (not everyones PG279Q does I know). Backlight bleed was an issue as well.

In comparison the Iiyama had very little orange glow in the bottom left but not really noticable. (Again this might be different from panel to panel). I may have even kept the panel if it had one drop pixel only. Just because everything else felt ok.

Didn't notice backlight bleed on the Iiyama.

I did buy an AOC 27" 144hz 1080p (a year or two ago) that had freesync compatibility. That thing had mad input lag on it which I thought might be down to freesync compatibility and put me right off.

I'm happy to say this iiyama is not like that at all for me at least.

I'm on my 240Hz 1080p Acer Predator again which input lag wise will of course dust anything I have got now or had but it's no 1440p screen and it's a TN panel.

I feel like i'm looking through a window haha first world problems i know...ha!

I hope someone else can give you their point of view.

Last edited:
I "pre-ordered" a few days ago on OCUK but guess it's just a case of who pre-orderd first :) I am no hurry for it anyway so hopefully when it arrives it arrives safe and sound :)

Back
Top Bottom