Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
Iiyama repair center (UK) said they are waiting on stock (due this week) and will be in contact with me when they have them so I can get it fixed that way.
However, after that I contacted iiyama and they offered me to pick up the monitor and install the new firmware.
Thats pretty damn good customer service.

Last edited:
Associate
Iiyama repair center (UK) said they are waiting on stock (due this week) and will be in contact with me when they have them so I can get it fixed that way.

Thats pretty damn good customer service.

Yeah if only they offered this for everyone.. I've contacted the support team again today. I got the same reply telling me 'Headquaters is looking into it', thats it, not even a "we get back to you asap" or something. I even offered to drive to their office (which is about an hour drive single trip for me) and let them flash it, but they declined. So I am not that satisfied..

Associate
I have a replacement arriving from iiyama tomorrow, hope that it isn't too soon and has the firmware fix!

Yes likewise, just had a call from them to arrange the same. I have the same reservations but this replacement is coming straight from the manufacturer and they are aware of this issue so that is something.

Associate
What is it with the new monitor releases and flickering.

God damn! This monitor is 100% on my radar though, for the price!

Associate
Received the replacement and the issue has been fixed.

I've noticed the OSD now says FreeSync Premium instead of FREESYNC.
There was also a random blue pop up on the top left of the panel when using the OSD which mentioned FW: 001

Associate
How did you contact them? I called the iiyama customer service and they told me to contact iiyama directly, but the number that they gave me doesn't seem to work, it's just some weird voice mail thing.

Associate
How did you contact them? I called the iiyama customer service and they told me to contact iiyama directly, but the number that they gave me doesn't seem to work, it's just some weird voice mail thing.
I used this form https://iiyama.com/gb_en/service-form/

Monitor has arrived and seems to have the new update, looks good so far, no flashes!
I do have 2 dead pixels but can't have everything can you
Was impressed with next day delivery all paid for by iiyama as well.

Associate
Hi,

Has the firmware fixed flickering present when under the freesync range when LFC kicks in? Or any other time when in in-game menus and loading screens while free sync is enabled?

Associate
Hi,

Has the firmware fixed flickering present when under the freesync range when LFC kicks in? Or any other time when in in-game menus and loading screens while free sync is enabled?
I only tried the pendulum gsync test and doom eternal, there was flicker in the pendulum test but it went as it entered gsync range, might be the test itself or LFC.
I saw no flickering playing doom at 144hz, not on the loading screens etc or on windows desktop (it was very bad on desktop for me). I can't really test it anymore as I had to pinch a 1650 super to quickly see if the flicker went and forgot to test LFC on doom sorry.
I'm sure others will have a better write up!

Associate
I have a replacement arriving from iiyama tomorrow, hope that it isn't too soon and has the firmware fix!

I used this form https://iiyama.com/gb_en/service-form/

Monitor has arrived and seems to have the new update, looks good so far, no flashes!
I do have 2 dead pixels but can't have everything can you
Was impressed with next day delivery all paid for by iiyama as well.

From completing the web form, how long did it take to get a response from iiyama?

LRT

LRT

Associate
In my case was around 4-5 days, but once they had responded the collection date was scheduled only two days later. My unit was collected by DPD yesterday, I miss it already.

Last edited:
Associate
From completing the web form, how long did it take to get a response from iiyama?
I filled in that form late on friday (31st), got a response on monday (3rd) asking for proof of purchase, sent over the invoice. They phoned on the 4th asking when I was in, then got the monitor on the 5th and they collected the old one at the same time. Pretty speedy, much faster than any gpu rma I've done.

Associate
Wow, that's fantastic service. I've had the same flickering issues with my panel which arrived on Tuesday (4th). I've submitted my form to iiyama this morning so fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.

Associate
I also received the monitor on Tuesday and the flickering appears to be getting worse. I've filled out the form so fingers crossed.
Has it got the old firmware? When you have free sync running and enabled does it say freesync premium under miscellaneous? And when you turn it on the new firmware says freesync premium pro and display hdr400 in the bottom left.

Back
Top Bottom