Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
Has it got the old firmware? When you have free sync running and enabled does it say freesync premium under miscellaneous? And when you turn it on the new firmware says freesync premium pro and display hdr400 in the bottom left.

Mine arrived on Tuesday the 4th and has the flickering issue. Just says Freesync under the OSD misc tab when Freesync is enabled

Associate
Mine arrived on Tuesday the 4th and has the flickering issue. Just says Freesync under the OSD misc tab when Freesync is enabled
Looks like it has the old firmware, if you're playing a game with freesync on and it still just says 'freesync' under miscellaneous instead of 'freesync premium'
Also the new splash screen on power on for the monitor is - https://imgur.com/a/HvbYHVx

Might be worth filling in that form I posted a few comments back, iiyama were super and has mine sorted in a few days (UK experience).

Associate
Has it got the old firmware? When you have free sync running and enabled does it say freesync premium under miscellaneous? And when you turn it on the new firmware says freesync premium pro and display hdr400 in the bottom left.

Under Image Adjust it just has "FREESYNC" so I assume it must be the older firmware. I have filled out the service form but haven't received anything even though I ticked the "send me a copy" box. So I hope they have received it.

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like it has the old firmware, if you're playing a game with freesync on and it still just says 'freesync' under miscellaneous instead of 'freesync premium'
Also the new splash screen on power on for the monitor is - https://imgur.com/a/HvbYHVx

Might be worth filling in that form I posted a few comments back, iiyama were super and has mine sorted in a few days (UK experience).
Myself and @frogzila (+ likely more) have contacted Iiyama recently via the form, so waiting to see if they start responding soon. Nothing since Wednesday, so hopefully early next week.

Associate
Under Image Adjust it just has "FREESYNC" so I assume it must be the older firmware. i have filled out the service form but haven't received anything even though I ticked the "send me a copy" box.
I'll get some better photos of what to look for tomorrow, annoyingly I have a 980ti in my pc which is too old for freesync support otherwise I'd do it now, I can borrow a 1650 super to test.
Hmm thats not good no reply, I checked all the boxes as I didnt the first time I tried, if not there might be a phone number.

Associate

That's good to know. For reference and the benefit of anyone else looking at this thread this is what the 'old' firmware (with the flickering problem) splash screen looks like.

Under Image Adjust it just has "FREESYNC" so I assume it must be the older firmware. I have filled out the service form but haven't received anything even though I ticked the "send me a copy" box. So I hope they have received it.

The "send to me copy" went straight to my junk folder, so worth checking there.

Associate
For those that have contacted Iiyama through the web form, after waiting a few days for a response I phoned the support line and they advised to email [email protected].
I received a response not long after forwarding my original form submission and the monitor's being collected Tuesday. They've quoted 7/10 working days to sort it out, but hopeful it will be a lot sooner.

Would recommend reaching out to them on the email above though.

Associate
As someone who is actively looking to purchase this monitor, I wanted to give my thanks to all who have contributed their valuable input on this thread. As soon as it appears Iiyama are shipping monitors with the updated firmware, I will certainly look into getting one myself!

Associate
Bit the bullet again and going for Round 2. Bought it directly from Iiyama uk website this time. If it’s still a screwy unit i can get it repaired by them with the firmware or they will do an on-site swap over. Much easier than sending it back and waiting hoping it gets refunded like last time. Fingers crossed they have already applied the fix.

I tried to find a suitable substitute but for the price I don’t know if it can be beat when it works.

Last edited:

FNG

FNG

Associate
Bit the bullet again and going for Round 2. Bought it directly from Iiyama uk website this time. If it’s still a screwy unit i can get it repaired by them with the firmware or they will do an on-site swap over. Much easier than sending it back and waiting hoping it gets refunded like last time. Fingers crossed they have already applied the fix.

I tried to find a suitable substitute but for the price I don’t know if it can be beat when it works.

Can you let me know how you get on. Also very keen on this monitor!

Associate
Watching this monitor with interest.

So will they release the firmware (Is there a USB port?) - Or will they have to go in for service to get them flashed? Is there confirmation that this fixes it - if its the former (Firmware) and confirmed, I'll likely bite the bullet and order.

Associate
Watching this monitor with interest.

So will they release the firmware (Is there a USB port?) - Or will they have to go in for service to get them flashed? Is there confirmation that this fixes it - if its the former (Firmware) and confirmed, I'll likely bite the bullet and order.
Do a little reading and you will find out yourself.

Associate
Good shout, exactly where it was. Can't believe I didn't think to check there.

I e-mailed and forwarded my webform to iiyama on Friday 7th of August and got a reply this morning stating "Your monitor needs a Firmware upgrade, please call us to arrange a suitable day to collect the monitor.". Due to be picked up tomorrow but couldn't provide a time frame as to how long it will take. Happy days. (UK Experience).

Has anyone received their monitor with the updated firmware - has this fixed the issue? @JoeTheBane @LuzFelix

LRT

LRT

Associate
Not me. Mine was collected on Wednesday and apparently traveled across some vast distances as has been delivered literally 10 minutes ago; to be fair the repair center does not work on Sat-Sun so otherwise the delivery would probably take less time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom