Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Commissario
pussers-20161022-123157.jpg

Unrelated.

andrex-20161022-123243.jpg

Soldato
That's still fairly tragic :(

I never got how Americans managed to get so little from so much!

However, new set of headers on there, a new carb, up the exhaust bore...now we're talking!

It's because it'll rum on anything from pirate grog to melted butter for about 3 million miles without a service.

Soldato
Not sure how competitive OcUK are on the drives but at 310 quid a pop, that's 2.4K not including the NAS itself. :eek: :D

edit: scratch that, they are PRO drives which cost even more. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, sort of.

If you use Synology Hybrid Raid then it can expand as you add more disks to it, so you can start with 4 disks and then add 4 more later or whatever.

Not sure you can use Raid 6 with SHR though, mine is Raid 5 equivalent, so one disk redundancy not 2.

Edit - definitely think about rebuild times for failed disks as well, a raid group is more vulnerable when it's got a failed drive, replacing it stresses the other drives, and the drives are getting bigger but not faster. Rebuild times of a failed 1TB drive are significantly lower than those of an 8TB drive.

I hope in the future that SSD gets bigger and bigger, because 8TB SSD would rebuild very fast indeed.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yes, sort of.

If you use Synology Hybrid Raid then it can expand as you add more disks to it, so you can start with 4 disks and then add 4 more later or whatever.

Not sure you can use Raid 6 with SHR though, mine is Raid 5 equivalent, so one disk redundancy not 2.

Edit - definitely think about rebuild times for failed disks as well, a raid group is more vulnerable when it's got a failed drive, replacing it stresses the other drives, and the drives are getting bigger but not faster. Rebuild times of a failed 1TB drive are significantly lower than those of an 8TB drive.

I hope in the future that SSD gets bigger and bigger, because 8TB SSD would rebuild very fast indeed.

Yeah... it's not Raid6

Raid 6 for 8x8TB drives = storage volume of 6x8TB = 48TB usable

Back
Top Bottom