Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

No pictures, but just got tickets for the Fatboy Slim weekend at Butlins :D Re-living our youth as a covid-delayed 40th birthday bash....pretty sure I'm going to die if it's anything like the old ATP weekends...

I once saw him for £3 in a pub in Brighton. I was living in halls at the time and a flatmate came in and said there's a rumour he is doing a set at the King and Queen so we all went and paid £3 entry to drink at a pub...and then he did turn up. It was so random!

I once saw him for £3 in a pub in Brighton. I was living in halls at the time and a flatmate came in and said there's a rumour he is doing a set at the King and Queen so we all went and paid £3 entry to drink at a pub...and then he did turn up. It was so random!

Seen him a few times, including in an igloo on a mountain in the Alps at snowbombing! Always a good time.

Hope he gets some of the skint records acts on board....

They filter all the dust out of the air, so saves on dusting for starters.

Also, if you find you have blocked sinuses, or allergies from pollen or animal hair, it sorts that out too.

Also clears cooking smells, smoke etc.

Do they work well? I'm always amazed by the amount of dust in my place when I get around to a good clean.

Do they work well? I'm always amazed by the amount of dust in my place when I get around to a good clean.
Indeed, I don't see how something so small can possibly hope to interrupt and pull in dust that's floating a few feet away from it, let alone in an entire room. Maybe micro micro stuff, but not the stuff we can so easily see, it's just too big and heavy surely.

Indeed, I don't see how something so small can possibly hope to interrupt and pull in dust that's floating a few feet away from it, let alone in an entire room. Maybe micro micro stuff, but not the stuff we can so easily see, it's just too big and heavy surely.

The Levoit one I have blows upwards and gets a proper breeze circulating in the room. Sooner or later all the air has passed through it. It's not like you just turn it on for half an hour and all the dust is gone. Leave it going a day or two though, and the dust levels are vastly reduced.

The Levoit one I have blows upwards and gets a proper breeze circulating in the room. Sooner or later all the air has passed through it. It's not like you just turn it on for half an hour and all the dust is gone. Leave it going a day or two though, and the dust levels are vastly reduced.

The Philips is the same. I have it in my bedroom in the corner and now and again it kicked in and I felt a breeze....had to check my windows is still shut.

Amazon currently have it on discount, now £235 instead of £350 from yesterday, but nowhere near £70 though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-AC...34fb9&pd_rd_wg=LW4Ld&pd_rd_i=B07NPCHP1D&psc=1

Working from home for a month and I've worn the kettle out... lid broke off...

I had wondered about a WiFi kettle, so it would be ready when I dash out between meetings, but brother wanted a filter still.

It's quite clever, you set the cup size and it sucks water into the front overhanging bit in advance, then when you turn it on it just boils your cup of water and dispenses it.

Hit the on button as you walk into the kitchen, you have about 25 seconds to get your mug, put coffee or tea bag in and place cup in position.

How do they compare energy wise to a normal kettle?
My wife has 1-2 cups of tea in the morning and we usually have a hot drink together in the afternoon when im home.
Our kettle is on its last legs so if I can save some money when we get a new one I might as well.

I really want some decent walking boots but no idea where the sweet spot for price/life span is.

i had a pair of berghaus for about 20 years before the soles split. started hiking again and thought a pair of karrimor would do the job for a while. i was wrong. Buy cheap, buy twice is certainly something that is true when it comes to good footwear.

i had a pair of berghaus for about 20 years before the soles split. started hiking again and thought a pair of karrimor would do the job for a while. i was wrong. Buy cheap, buy twice is certainly something that is true when it comes to good footwear.

Im usually of the same mentality in buying something nice once but I don't know how much I would use them so im worried about wasting money on a really nice pair.
I spent like £160 on my olympic lifting shoes in 2013 which is 4x what id normally pay for trainers and they still look the same as when I bought them.

My wife has 1-2 cups of tea in the morning and we usually have a hot drink together in the afternoon when im home.
Our kettle is on its last legs so if I can save some money when we get a new one I might as well.

If you put the right amount of water in the kettle then the differences will be negligible. The water itself takes the same amount of energy to heat up regardless. If anything, a more powerful kettle will heat the water quicker and you'll lose less heat to the environment during the faster heating process. But it's negligible!

In theory it should be a lot better, only boiling a cup's worth of water each time, rather than the whole kettle.

Back
Top Bottom