Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

I think it's just their logo (the brand is called Induktiv), it's not advanced enough to have coils under the cupholder but that would be pretty cool for charging your wireless earphones etc I guess or smart watch.

Hi there

Went for a wonder around Curry's yesterday after my track day and ended up walking out with one of these:

JBL.jpg

Reason for purchase is my Corvette has an old 8 track radio player and the in car speakers are poor and the radio has a mind of its own so grabbed this as it can sit in the rear area of the Corvette.
Listened to every portable speaker they had and this JBL just had a real noticeable superior audio quality to it and also volume ability, it can also do 15hr of playback too supposedly, cost was £229, currently discounted.

Very impressed with it, should work great in corvette as I shall use the strap provided to anchor it down in the rear, will also help drown out the 6l V8 on longer cruises, not that is a bad thing. :D

P.S. It is a JBL Extreme 3.

Great choice. I have a lot of time for JBL speakers. Fantastic bang for buck and I have just fitted 4 new JBL speakers in my MGB and they sound fantastic!

At the end of the day they are HK.

I've been sprucing the place up a little, so paint for the spare room, new sideboard for the living room and a new lamp for the master bedroom.

The lamp is great as it varies the colour temperature as well as brightness when turning the dial.

2011 was the last time I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, RAM and PSU - MSI P67A, i5 2500k, 8GB RAM and shockingly a 750w PSU that may as well have been unbranded - all of it still going. However, after ten years, I decided it was time to give the 2500k a rest from gaming duties. Apart from one week when I decided to mess about with overclocking it has always been ran at stock speed...

MkNMQVx.jpg

MSI B560 Mag Torpedo
i5 11400f
Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 16GB
Seasonic Focus GX-650

Obviously, I'm not all that in to overclocking because I've had one of the best CPUs for overclocking for ten years and haven't really bothered, but I like shiny parts. I also set a strict budget, as much as I'd love to spend a lot more it just isn't feasible for the next few years. This will all be paired with an existing GTX 1070 and a couple of SSDs. To finish it all off, it is all going in my classic Antec 900.

My step-dad is going through chemo and radiotherapy at the moment and has expressed an interest in having a decent desktop for the last couple of years so the old kit (along with my old HD7970) will be donated to him for web-browsing and YouTube duties.

It's the best feeling when you upgrade PC specs after so long. I've tended to wait 5 years per upgrade. SOnic's motto comes to mind, "I am speed" :D

I celebrated my trip to the landfill near Tintagel with a packet of crisps

IMG-20220307-124729.jpg

I don't really get the blanking out the number plate, you can't do anything with it if you know someone's reg beyond recognising them when they are out and about.

I've spotted [TW]Fox round these parts because of his plate, does he still post here or is he using a different name?

I've spotted [TW]Fox round these parts because of his plate, does he still post here or is he using a different name?

He mentioned in another thread once that there was some local guy who kept looking as he drove by, once winked apparently. Ever since then he's become a hermit and never leaves the house, the car is fine as the garage received a heating upgrade so I hear.

Wait a minute....

Another round up at some CEX stores some of these I bought yesterday . I love the look of the Toshiba ones they have a retro look to them and they had a 1GB CF card so I thought I may as well buy that too even though I don't need it. I'll probably put MS DOS 6.22 and use it for testing purposes.

X3Ybk2H.jpg

Hi there

Went for a wonder around Curry's yesterday after my track day and ended up walking out with one of these:

JBL.jpg

Reason for purchase is my Corvette has an old 8 track radio player and the in car speakers are poor and the radio has a mind of its own so grabbed this as it can sit in the rear area of the Corvette.
Listened to every portable speaker they had and this JBL just had a real noticeable superior audio quality to it and also volume ability, it can also do 15hr of playback too supposedly, cost was £229, currently discounted.

Very impressed with it, should work great in corvette as I shall use the strap provided to anchor it down in the rear, will also help drown out the 6l V8 on longer cruises, not that is a bad thing. :D

P.S. It is a JBL Extreme 3.
Was £229 the discounted price?

I like JBL I have a few of there bluetooth speakers. Decent bass even there smaller portable speakers pack a punch.. My only complaint with JBL is there is no protection to the side bass radiators against things from hitting them while in a bag or something. I think BOSE has the best sound.

Another round up at some CEX stores some of these I bought yesterday . I love the look of the Toshiba ones they have a retro look to them and they had a 1GB CF card so I thought I may as well buy that too even though I don't need it. I'll probably put MS DOS 6.22 and use it for testing purposes.

X3Ybk2H.jpg

One of those looks very familiar. :D

HZX8bIUl.jpg

Is collecting USB drives a thing? What influences the collectability of different drives?
Probably not but I can see it being a possibility. I'm always buying more because often when I need to transfer files or back things up my drives are nearly always full so having some empty ones is very handy. Some of these flash drives contain Motorola CPS programming software and other valuable radio programming software and others contain retro drivers for hardware I have among other things.

I rebought my mum's 1973 Honda SS50.

Tiny bit of history. This was her first "motorbike" when she was 16 and was eventually stored in my grandparents garage until 2012. It was covered in rust but only superficial and cleaned up to look like the below photo. Unfortunately I had to sell it in 2013 as we were not doing well at all financially. Jump to 2022 and after years of regret and some detective work, I tracked down the original buyer who had done nothing to it and was happy to sell it back to me (quite a nice profit for them). This time it's been completely stripped and every single piece will be cleaned and repaired or replaced (though not all OEM unless there's an obvious need).

o6bHZEB.jpeg

3KB22Np.jpeg

That’s amazing, the SS was rare back in the day with everyone riding C50s and 90s. A mate had one and put the c90 on the manual gearbox. Went like a rocket

Back
Top Bottom