Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

I really don't get why people do that, blanking out a license plate except for the year as if your worth on this planet is tied to a number that's going to be surpassed by another number in 6 months time.

99.999999% of the time I'd agree, but this thread's sole purpose is "look at the fancy schmancy stuff I've bought" so it's very much in line with the thread.

Also, @Greebo drives some old English cars quite a bit, so purchasing a Cherman Tank is well deserved for his suffering :D

240mm Hinokuni Gyuto

1646993917964.png

Very nice. I'm tempted to get spendy on some nice knives too, but for some reason I can't see the cost increase being in line with the knife's performance. How often do you sharpen them?

Very nice. I'm tempted to get spendy on some nice knives too, but for some reason I can't see the cost increase being in line with the knife's performance. How often do you sharpen them?

Part of the reason is so I don't have to sharpen it as often, the ones I currently use get a steel every day and I sharpen them every couple of weeks (57-58 Rockwell). But they're used for hours every day.

This one should last longer between sharpening and generally hold a finer edge as it's a lot harder @ 63 Rockwell. It's also bigger than my other ones so should be good for larger veg, carving meat etc.

Part of the reason is so I don't have to sharpen it as often, the ones I currently use get a steel every day and I sharpen them every couple of weeks (57-58 Rockwell). But they're used for hours every day.

This one should last longer between sharpening and generally hold a finer edge as it's a lot harder @ 63 Rockwell. It's also bigger than my other ones so should be good for larger veg, carving meat etc.

Gotcha, cheers. Are you a chef?

Awesome looking bike but what's with the headlight setup? A symmetrical arrangement would have looked better surely?

BMW don't currently make any motorcycles with symmetrical headlights. Some look better than others, but I think it's one of their USPs and they actually look pretty good in the flesh.

BMW don't currently make any motorcycles with symmetrical headlights. Some look better than others, but I think it's one of their USPs and they actually look pretty good in the flesh.

At first glance it looked like the cover was missing off the lens on the offside. I think it's taking the styling a bit far I don't think I could live with that. :p

I take it there's some sort of functionality behind it too? As it looks like a xenon type lamp compared to the traditional bulb on the other side.

At first glance it looked like the cover was missing off the lens on the offside. I think it's taking the styling a bit far I don't think I could live with that. :p

I take it there's some sort of functionality behind it too? As it looks like a xenon type lamp compared to the traditional bulb on the other side.

Yes, high beam / dipped beam.

And yes, they'll blind people on the moon :p

Awesome looking bike but what's with the headlight setup? A symmetrical arrangement would have looked better surely?

As Diddums said really - though the new one has now gone to a more traditional setup for the headlight. Personally I don't mind the odd look, I quite liked it when the S1000RR first came out (that the fully faired Superbike version) - saw it in the flesh at the World Superbike round at Donington in 2009, and it certainly looked better in the flesh.

Mind you, it's one of those things, I'll only notice it when cleaning the bike, or walking back to it :D

Gotcha, cheers. Are you a chef?

I really like it, makes the bike more unique and interesting to look at. As does the gold front suspension bars.

got a couple of Japanese banana plants not sure if they have done all their dying back but i keep them in the potting shed and put them out in the sun
apparently they go to 20 ft so need to go down in the big garden

IMG-20220227-103729.jpg

At first I was thinking this looks like the area Doc Martin walked down.

Port Isaac is about 8 miles behind my Banana plant but they have done some scenes here on the moors ,haven't been for ages tend to park up at the church in Tintagel ,free and right on the coast path

Damn, crazy to think Doc Martin has been running since 2004. I think the last time I must have seen it was 2009 when the red head practise assistant/secretary/receptionist was there. Martin Clunes was so funny. More so his direct lines.

I honestly didn't know it was still being made today. I thought it had ended a long time ago.

This is not just any planter ,its a broken one ,my local nursery doesn't mess about this was £7.50, tbf i wouldn't pay the original £60 ,the hole is there on the far side but this is no biggie as just have a trailing plant going over that area ,I've also picked up quite a few terracotta ones in the past just needing a crack gluing

IMG-20220313-080017.jpg

I fancied giving TrueNAS a go and seeing how it compares to QNAP. Annoyingly in my half cut state at the point of order I failed to realise that the case requires an SMX based PSU, so it's hanging out the back of the case until I get a replacement one. I have another rig running ESXi in a HTPC case and it doesn't have modular PSU in that so I'm going to swap it over.

IMG-5132.jpg

Some storage for it.

IMG-5138.jpg
Screenshot-2022-03-13-at-16-25-13.png

Up and running well. I've started moving data over from my QNAP.

Initial thoughts are that it seems to be much faster and more consistent than my QNAP, although it is obviously a much steeper learning curve. I'm trying to work out what to do with the QNAP now. I don't need the amount of bays that is has but then again it's nice to have enough storage to be able to run an rsync task and have duplicate copies of all my lab stuff and media. I might chuck a GPU into it and install TrueNAS on it as well.

This is a reasonably large zip file copy on the TrueNAS:

Screenshot-2022-03-13-at-13-57-45.png

The same on the QNAP, which annoyingly has been behaving better. Usually the up and down at the start is what I see throughout the entire copy operation.

Screenshot-2022-03-13-at-13-58-54.png

This is not just any planter ,its a broken one ,my local nursery doesn't mess about this was £7.50, tbf i wouldn't pay the original £60 ,the hole is there on the far side but this is no biggie as just have a trailing plant going over that area ,I've also picked up quite a few terracotta ones in the past just needing a crack gluing

IMG-20220313-080017.jpg

Where do you go for plants/pots etc? I'm not far away, just outside Lostwithiel. Usually end up going to Lanlivet on the road out of Bodmin which I find good value.

Back
Top Bottom