Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Dream level achieved. I now own a Sodastream

GQ2UzZD.png
My brain isn't switched on this morning. I saw the work/office stuff and then went:
  • WTF he has Lurpak on his office desk?
  • WTF he has a toaster on his office desk?
  • Oh its his kitchen

Edit: I give it 2 months before it goes in the drawer with the air fryer, panini press, toastee maker etc..

Dream level achieved. I now own a Sodastream

GQ2UzZD.png

What model is that? I bought one last year and they are great but mine is the spirit touch, its a horrible looking black plasticy thing that I've got stored ontop the garage fridge because it was an eye sore in the kitchen. That one looks much smarter. Althought why is it on a wooden block?

My brain isn't switched on this morning. I saw the work/office stuff and then went:
  • WTF he has Lurpak on his office desk?
  • WTF he has a toaster on his office desk?
  • Oh its his kitchen

Edit: I give it 2 months before it goes in the drawer with the air fryer, panini press, toastee maker etc..

Haha yeah, my daughter was doing some revision and helpfully leaves things lying around. Lurpak and Toaster in the office however sounds like a wonderfully delicious recipe for diabetes :D

It's part of my cost cutting exercise around the home. We tend to get through around 30 cans of Pepsi Max between us in a week. I worked out this is basically half the price of the cans when using the Pepsi syrup (amortising the cost of the machine/CO2 over a year) and so far have used it multiple times a day. Fizzy vimto is also awesome. Also means emptying the recycling bin considerably less often!

I also bought a Rice cooker to avoid buying packet veetee rice. Although i wish i'd gone with the Yum Asia Sakura in hindsight. The Kumo is good, but takes ~35 minutes for rice, whereas the Sakura is much quicker. No issue if you're organised, but when you're cooking and decide last minute to have rice on the side it can be annoying.

What model is that? I bought one last year and they are great but mine is the spirit touch, its a horrible looking black plasticy thing that I've got stored ontop the garage fridge because it was an eye sore in the kitchen. That one looks much smarter. Althought why is it on a wooden block?

It's the "Power"

https://www.johnlewis.com/sodastrea...ysHWXAHOgkqFY5L-vRBoCNpIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I signed up for the 12 months CO2 package so worked out at £230 for the machine, 12 CO2 cannisters and 6 bottles of Pepsi Max syrup

If you want a non powered version then this company make some excellent looking ones
https://www.johnlewis.com/sodastrea...ysHWXAHOgkqFY5L-vRBoCNpIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Wooden block is because i found the machine didn't seem high enough for the bottle to easily slot into the machine, raising it up makes like much better. The intention is to stain it to match the windowsill.

I also bought a Rice cooker to avoid buying packet veetee rice. Although i wish i'd gone with the Yum Asia Sakura in hindsight. The Kumo is good, but takes ~35 minutes for rice, whereas the Sakura is much quicker. No issue if you're organised, but when you're cooking and decide last minute to have rice on the side it can be annoying.
Well if it makes you feel any better, the Zojirishi takes 1 hour for white; 30 on "quick" and more like 2 hours for brown!

Haha that very much does make me feel better!

I still think it's baffling that it only gives a countdown in the last 10 minutes. Makes food planning so difficult!

Fast rice cooker is generally bad, I have one that takes like 15mins, it's one of those where the trigger to turn off is the thermostat. So it boils at max heat until all water is gone, when temp hits over 100c, it switches off. That's not really the trigger that the rice is cooked or cooked right, it's just that the water is gone so almost like a safety cut off.

Good rice cooker like the Yum Asia has fuzzy logic, it cooks rice slowly before it heats up at a slower curve and cooks rice, actually cooks it the way it's meant to be.

The way I do it is that I just cook it hours before, up to 2 or 3. It keeps it warm and perfect with the keep warm function and it doesn't burn it.

Yeah, i'll certainly admit that it tastes very good and i'm happy with the purchase.

My main issue is that i'm supposed to be reducing household items ahead of relocating to Spain in <2yrs and yet i've recently bought a sodastream, rice cooker and a pile of weights/equipment :D

Something for the Food Bank :cool:

Screenshot-20220324-135212.png

Last edited:
Do you remove those books when you use it? They look awfully close to the exhaust. My PS5 doesn't exactly run cool. :)

They don't go behind it, it just looks like it from the front. They're actually about an inch away from the PS5.

@Russinating Is that meant to be a cat or a French bulldog ornament? It looks a bit like a Japanese French Bulldog :p

No idea! OH has had it for decades. I mean, it's not a cat... what cats have you seen?!

Think I've seen it (or something like it) still being sold if you go looking up sites. Maybe John Lewis had it too? Fairly expensive though!

It is quite nice for something you don't have to paint, I'll agree.

@mrk Big fan of that wallpaper. Looks awesome.

I'm slightly bummed out because over the years I've made holes in the walls for shelves etc which are now gone so would have liked to have patched up the holes with little bits of spare wallpaper. I had a roll spare for exactly this reason. But can I find it anywhere? Absolutely not!

I'm slightly bummed out because over the years I've made holes in the walls for shelves etc which are now gone so would have liked to have patched up the holes with little bits of spare wallpaper. I had a roll spare for exactly this reason. But can I find it anywhere? Absolutely not!

Yeah, this is the issue with wallpaper. I have a preference for paintable wallpaper for that reason, as you can get rolls of the same stuff practically forever and can spruce it up whenever you want (I'm fond of the Greek Key superfresco).

Yeah, i don't do wallpaper for that very reason. Doesn't stop that one being very nice though.

I wonder if you could get a similar effect with filling the holes and then using some blue and white spray paints?

I say that, absolutely no way could i do anything that creative!

Yeah, i don't do wallpaper for that very reason. Doesn't stop that one being very nice though.

I wonder if you could get a similar effect with filling the holes and then using some blue and white spray paints?

I say that, absolutely no way could i do anything that creative!

Sadly, wallpaper is sometimes a necessity in older lath and plaster housing, due to all the bumps! Skimming over lime plaster is also pretty much a waste of time, as it just never takes properly. You either wallpaper (cheap) or it all comes down (messy and expensive).

I could probably do it and it would look invisible until you actually got up close to that patch area lol. I will try it with a piece of blutac moulded in flush and paint over it to test at some point soon, nice idea!

Back
Top Bottom