Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
If I was you I'd drill a hole out of the rear near where the cables come down, and then another behind the PC then run the cables behind the desk and mount the power strip behind the desk too.

That way you'd only have cables visible for a couple of inches coming down from above before they go back.

Yeah not a bad idea, for the time being I've mounted it on the side near the top with a couple of screws.

4sdTpA3h.jpg

I may revisit this at some stage but much happier with this than I was before!

Soldato
So I picked up an Ikea Signum to put under my desk to help a bit with cable management.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...unking-horizontal-silver-colour-art-30200253/

And behind my desk I picked up a Phillips Lightstrip+

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Pe...qid=1480633440&sr=8-1&keywords=hue+lightstrip

My next move will probably be to mount a power strip right hand side of desk, near the top but underneath, should be able to make it a bit "cleaner" on the right side where I have basically dumped all of the cables behind the PC :p

It was a cheap desk so I don't mind about drilling into it tbh! I made some holes at the back to feed cables in as well.

Have to ask what does the Philips light do that this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016B53AJA/ref=sr_ph_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480710449&sr=sr-1&keywords=led+strip - doesn't?

Associate
Raspberry Pi zero

zero-20161201-212838.jpg

It's running my Pi-hole to free up the RPi3.

Set my Zero up as a Pi-hole today. Had the Zero and Pi3 for a while, originally had the Zero for OSMC and the Pi3 for an arcade machine. OSMC started crashing on the Zero recently so thought I'd give the Pi3 ago with - I'm definitely enjoying the better performance so will have to grab another for the arcade machine!

I've not managed to get youtube completely adless yet, some of the pre-video ads still play, have you had any luck? Would be nice to remove Adblock completely.

Interesting, are you running USB ethernet for Pi Zero?

Or would I do something like set router DNS to Pi Zero over a wireless dongle so I don't have to manually set each device dns?

Is this a slimmed down OS or could I just get an RPi 3 running raspbian as a tvheadend server as well?

So many questions!

I'm using USB to ethernet on mine connected to an additional router as the Virgin Superhub is full. I currently have to change DNS settings on each of my devices as the Super Hub doesn't allow changing DNS settings for 'ease of use' and because 'not everybody is technical' but if your router allows you to set your own DNS settings then that would push it to all your devices too. I was hoping to use it with my Chromecast but that doesn't let me change DNS settings either...

It runs as a service on Raspbian so you should be able to run other things alongside it. I would definitely try and go the wired route but wireless should work fine too (I used to use a USB dongle for the Zero and OSMC).

Last edited:
Associate
Impressive. So do you camp out in winter in a hammock???

Yeah. Any time of the year I can/am allowed to escape. I'll be taking it on the West Highland Way in April so it'll still be pretty cold then. The hammock has a removable midge net that can be replaced with a winter top so it's a genuinely warm place to be in cold weather. It's far comfier than my bed at home.

Edit: This is the same hammock with the Winter top cover attached.
if3bbb.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom