Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
I'm actually a little bit jealous of how free that lifestyle looks. Enjoy :)

Cheers! I thoroughly recommend it. I suppose I'm lucky only being an hour or so away from places to pitch up in unwind and fortunate that my wife and kids love wildcamping as well albeit only in the summer.

Enjoy the new shoes. :D

Man of Honour
Yeah. Any time of the year I can/am allowed to escape. I'll be taking it on the West Highland Way in April so it'll still be pretty cold then. The hammock has a removable midge net that can be replaced with a winter top so it's a genuinely warm place to be in cold weather. It's far comfier than my bed at home.

Edit: This is the same hammock with the Winter top cover attached.
http://i65.tinypic.com/if3bbb.jpgIMG][/QUOTE]

the trouble i have with hammocks is you need somewhere to hang them, which limits spots, especially on walks like west highland way.

Associate
the trouble i have with hammocks is you need somewhere to hang them, which limits spots, especially on walks like west highland way.

At times it can however overall it balances out as you can pitch a hammock in places you definitely couldn't pitch a tent I.e. on steep slopes and on very overgrown, uneven ground or soggy ground. I've got hammock spots mapped for pretty much the whole route of the west highland way and also know other people who've done it with hammocks. It shouldn't be too much of a problem however I'm going to take a pad just in case I need to go to ground one night. The tarp I've got (Warbonnet superfly) has doors so it makes a good tent as well and is under 600g so not much of a weight penalty to cover both bases. I've never found getting a spot up here to be a problem however if I'm going somewhere that would be a problem then I'd just take a tent. I've not had to do that for a quite a while though.

Aren't you scared Zombies might eat you?

Hopefully the dog will alert me in time....before he goes over for pats and gets eaten.

Man of Honour

I've just seen this and I'm not going to read those links because I know you've altered my posts from saying Panasonic to Braun - FACT.

Seriously though I was all set to have the Braun 9 until I started reading the Braun support about the replacement heads.

Man of Honour
skechersdoubledown.jpg

Just helped Mrs Sexy get the shopping out of the boot and asked "Why have you got my Skechers box in the boot?"
You shouldn't have seen that
Why?
You've spoilt it now, I was in Brantano on Festival Park and they're shutting down so I got you exactly the same pair for £27 :eek: You can have one for best and one for tramping about in.

Result.

Man of Honour
Picked this up on ebay for £30

I sold mine to the rhythm guitarist but now use a Digitech Polyphonic Tuner.
I just look down on stage, play all the strings and tune them all up at the same time.
If you have a smartphone there is a free download of the tuner which I use in the house - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.harman.hsp.ht6&hl=en_GB

You can also get the Boss one - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.roland.bosstuner&hl=en_GB

Soldato
Just helped Mrs Sexy get the shopping out of the boot and asked "Why have you got my Skechers box in the boot?"
You shouldn't have seen that
Why?
You've spoilt it now, I was in Brantano on Festival Park and they're shutting down so I got you exactly the same pair for £27 :eek: You can have one for best and one for tramping about in.

Result.

Superb, like my 'gardening stuff' two types, wear about the house stuff, and actually doing some work stuff, both very comfortable, just in differing degrees of boggingness.

Man of Honour
At times it can however overall it balances out as you can pitch a hammock in places you definitely couldn't pitch a tent I.e. on steep slopes and on very overgrown, uneven ground or soggy ground. I've got hammock spots mapped for pretty much the whole route of the west highland way and also know other people who've done it with hammocks. It shouldn't be too much of a problem however I'm going to take a pad just in case I need to go to ground one night. The tarp I've got (Warbonnet superfly) has doors so it makes a good tent as well and is under 600g so not much of a weight penalty to cover both bases. I've never found getting a spot up here to be a problem however if I'm going somewhere that would be a problem then I'd just take a tent. I've not had to do that for a quite a while though.
oh yeah you can absolutely do it, it just very much limits, you cant just go i'll stop where ever i give up for the day. never found issue with tent there is always somewhere within several hundred meters even half way up mountains there's nearly always reasonably flat areas. They are more comfortable especially for the weight.

Commissario
Raspberry Pi zero

Interesting, are you running USB ethernet for Pi Zero?

Or would I do something like set router DNS to Pi Zero over a wireless dongle so I don't have to manually set each device dns?

Is this a slimmed down OS or could I just get an RPi 3 running raspbian as a tvheadend server as well?

So many questions!
I'm using a USB ethernet adapter, it plugs into the micro USB port and gives me three full size USB ports (not that I'm using them) and ethernet.
I set my Netgear router with two DNS servers, one is the zero and the other is Google DNS incase the zero goes down. Everything on my network therefore gets the zero as the primary DNS which is quite nice.

It's a full version of Raspbian, it runs noticeably slower than the RPi3 when doing stuff but in operation as the pi-hole, it's only running with the CPU at a few percent so it's perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom