Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Man of Honour
I have one myself in black leather on cherry wood. Very comfy.

Black and cherry is absolutely classic. I was going to get it for the living room and would have gone for that but had a change of heart and thought kitchen as there is a nice view (that in theory if I was ever not busy I could sit and look at). Felt the dark colours would be a bit of a downer in the kitchen which is very light so went all John Lennon as dirtyc pointed out.

Associate
New cloakroom completed today. I originally attempted to change a tap, which obviously resulted in a smashed pedestal, a broken tile, and a £2k bill from the bathroom company.

I'm fairly happy that they've done a good job of such a small space, but that bit of white waste pipe is annoying me (fitter said that the supplied chrome pipe was too short to reach outside). It's also not quite horizontal, which is also slightly bothering me. But maybe I'm just a massive anal pedant.

That looks nice. Ignore the comments about the price, clearly they're based on no knowledge of how much a toilet costs, how much even a decent tap costs.

The white pipe doesn't look out of place to me. If it's really bothering you, there's probably some sort of chrome vinyl wrap you could cover it in.

Associate
Black and cherry is absolutely classic. I was going to get it for the living room and would have gone for that but had a change of heart and thought kitchen as there is a nice view (that in theory if I was ever not busy I could sit and look at). Felt the dark colours would be a bit of a downer in the kitchen which is very light so went all John Lennon as dirtyc pointed out.

Yeah with our house style (1910 victorian terrace) and all original wood floors, fireplaces etc.. it looks right.

You've totally gone for the right colours to go with what we can see of your decoration style :)

Associate
20161214_173421_zps6nkuqqf8.jpg

I built one of these recently, took me longer than expected but it's an absolute blast.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
What make of chair is that (I'm ready for my eyes to burn when I see the price)

The design is based on the Eames Lounge Chair.
There are several places you can buy 'inspired by' versions, just Google the name.
If you want a genuine one have a look here:
http://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/lounge-seating/eames-lounge-chair-and-ottoman.html

From what I have seen, the 'inspired by' versions are very good, just maybe differ slightly to avoid copyright, and of course don't use the Eames name.

Man of Honour
Yep, it's from modborn, it's not a Vitra or Herman Miller licensed one. Very impressed with the quality though. It's heavy, leather is very nice indeed. There is a blemish on one of the cushions but a replacement is on its way today.

Associate
New cloakroom completed today. I originally attempted to change a tap, which obviously resulted in a smashed pedestal, a broken tile, and a £2k bill from the bathroom company.

I'm fairly happy that they've done a good job of such a small space, but that bit of white waste pipe is annoying me (fitter said that the supplied chrome pipe was too short to reach outside). It's also not quite horizontal, which is also slightly bothering me. But maybe I'm just a massive anal pedant.

Yeah, there's probably a reason for that if you think about it.

Soldato
those chairs really do look great, are they any good for a desk, or just a lounge chair?

I bet they'd be fantastically comfortable for putting in front of the telly and watching a film or casual console gaming.

I'm holding off on buying a new couch until we decorate the lounge, but when we do, I'll let the missus pick a leather sofa and I'll get one of these to match it. #DadsChair

Back
Top Bottom