Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
Multi-quote not working but to summarise responses to people's observations of my 'bog':

- @dirtychinchilla - that's not carpet next to it, it's a fitted door mat.

- The company are coming to replace the white pipe with chrome effect plastic at the weekend.

- £2k seems about right to me. Unless you 'know someone' or are happy to chance your arm with the local cash-in-hand cowboy, then that's what these things cost.

- Don't understand why there needs to be a fall on the horizontal section when the waste water will still fall away at horizontal, and any that doesn't will just stay in the trap. But hey, people more knowledgeable than me are telling me it's fine, so I guess it's fine!

Soldato
Couple of afremov paintings arrived, and I put them up last night.

oSmqInsh.jpg

R3Ky8WJh.jpg

1M1mQ0lh.jpg

Many points to be made. They are both from afremov.com.

• Is Afremov real or a fabrication? - Some debate on this one on the internet.
  • If he is real, does he paint them, or are they painted in china?
  • How can they be so cheap if he is really painting them all, inc shipping and wrapping on canvas?
  • Are they done in real paint? - Yes seems to be, not prints.
  • Why are the masts of the boats not centered? - No idea! It's the biggest annoyance I have, and once seen can't be unseen.
  • The right one is centered between the speaker and the wall, the left one between both of my speakers. It looks OK in real life like this, you can't see the left speaker above.
  • Are they colourful and am I happy with them? Yes. they are both 40 x 30 inches so pretty big, they do look good on the wall, and they didn't cost the earth.

I wanted something that would cover a bigger space, without caring too much whether the picture I got would have any future worth. These seem to be good for the money I paid.

Associate
Couple of afremov paintings arrived, and I put them up last night.

Many points to be made. They are both from afremov.com.

• Is Afremov real or a fabrication? - Some debate on this one on the internet.
  • If he is real, does he paint them, or are they painted in china?
  • How can they be so cheap if he is really painting them all, inc shipping and wrapping on canvas?
  • Are they done in real paint? - Yes seems to be, not prints.
  • Why are the masts of the boats not centered? - No idea! It's the biggest annoyance I have, and once seen can't be unseen.
  • The right one is centered between the speaker and the wall, the left one between both of my speakers. It looks OK in real life like this, you can't see the left speaker above.
  • Are they colourful and am I happy with them? Yes. they are both 40 x 30 inches so pretty big, they do look good on the wall, and they didn't cost the earth.

I wanted something that would cover a bigger space, without caring too much whether the picture I got would have any future worth. These seem to be good for the money I paid.

I have the first one. I remembered I should have posted up a pic for you when I seen this, sorry!!

I think he probably has help as he does sell a lot.

Soldato
The paintings are really nice, but them masts would put me off right away. You would see it every time and that be the only thing you be thinking about.

Have you thought about trying to fix the paintings yourself like that women who fixed the Jesus painting? :)

D3K

D3K

Soldato
If he's anything like Bob Harris he'll be churning them out, pretty little trees and all, by the bucket load. That's maybe why so cheap?

Soldato
DSC_4685_zps9jwtbnpo.jpg

A tiny tripod from ebay (Danbo for scale). Really impressed with the quality for the price (£30). Should be much better for macro photography than my full size Redsnapper.

Soldato
Poor mooring etiquette, bow, bow, stern, bow. Would cause a fight in my sailing club :p

:D

They're lovely paintings mate!

Thanks mate, I do like them both!

I have the first one. I remembered I should have posted up a pic for you when I seen this, sorry!!

Not a problem mate I took a chance anyway. I like them both :)

I am considering getting a couple more tbh, two more and I would have all the paintings I think I could need really.

I think he probably has help as he does sell a lot.

Yeah would not surprise me in the least.

The paintings are really nice, but them masts would put me off right away. You would see it every time and that be the only thing you be thinking about.

Have you thought about trying to fix the paintings yourself like that women who fixed the Jesus painting? :)

Yeah it's not idea, but you are generally not close up to them, so it's also not the end of the world. I will just take it as artistic license, and ignore the fact they aren't centre. It's definitely not worth ruining it to try to fix.

If he's anything like Bob Harris he'll be churning them out, pretty little trees and all, by the bucket load. That's maybe why so cheap?

Palette knife work can be quite quick, a master could probably churn out a few really good ones of these types of paintings in a day.

These two would be on my list for my next purchases I think:

https://afremov.com/CENTRAL-PARK-PA...g-On-Canvas-By-Leonid-Afremov-Size-30x24.html
https://afremov.com/THE-RIVER-OF-ME...-On-Canvas-By-Leonid-Afremov-Size-24-x30.html

Both the same size as well which is a bonus :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom