Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
5MhQmWh.gif

Soldato
Speaking of controllers..
Jeff has just dropped this off, so time to see how it fares against the usual 2..

0EA0umN.jpg

So far. all good, in fact very very good (and a million times better than the Gamesir T4 Kaleid I was previously using).
I've certainly not experienced any of the problems some complain about, but I'm using it on PC and not Xbox.
I'll give it a proper run out at the weekend.

Soldato
lol the angriest I have EVER seen anyone was when I was working with a supply chain clown from Spain during COVID. He had this monitor and for some reason he was incapable of sharing anything other than "full screen". My boss almost flew to Spain to wring his neck.

<3 a good bit of absurd anger.
I have a 32:9 screen. Usually share a window but sometimes fullscreen is necessary

Pro tip, ctrl+scroll wheel will zoom if you're viewing someone else's screen share on Teams.

Soldato
They do look nice but a bit too bling for my liking and also those dpads :( - It's the main reason I dislike even the official XBOX controllers, old skool here favouring the Nintendo style dpad configuration lol.
Yes, that was a consideration when researching it, but it works brilliantly and feels/sounds just right, whereas the Xbox pad is noisy and feels a bit clunky.
As for "bling", it is very much, and it's why I bought it, that and it has super important features like showing notifications from my phone (like I need to be reading social media when I'm gaming) :rolleyes:

Caporegime
got the Philips Hue Sync light for 34 inch monitors to supplement the Philips Hue Gradient light strip On the back of my desk.

Still think Hue stuff is a rip off, they are bright and have good colours though..
Not supposed to go on a wide screen, never mind curved monitor...
jSir0wa.jpeg

It's supposed to be mounted 6.5cm deep from the top and 6.5cm in from the sides on a standard 34inch
Bit wonky cos of the curve of the monitor... but actually syncs up to the Philips hue fluid test video etc perfectly.

guess I need a pull down screen or something to cover the window., for obvious reasons it doesn't reflect the light to well

Last edited:
Soldato
Damn you Mrk! Now I'm testing the slippery capabilities of my hands :o Out of the box, the pump was set to level 4 so I got a giant dollop of soap right away, which was a shock.

Oh and another smart plug. This time from Onvis as I want to reduce dependancy on apps for smart items and just reply on Homekit and matter/thread gear wherever possible. This plug has a wider body than the previous Meross one I posted earlier in this thread but was up and running in seconds.

6sOoddt.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk
Soldato
Damn you Mrk! Now I'm testing the slippery capabilities of my hands :o Out of the box, the pump was set to level 4 so I got a giant dollop of soap right away, which was a shock.

Oh and another smart plug. This time from Onvis as I want to reduce dependancy on apps for smart items and just reply on Homekit and matter/thread gear wherever possible. This plug has a wider body than the previous Meross one I posted earlier in this thread but was up and running in seconds.

6sOoddt.jpg

Who reads instructions..

So there is a dispense setting, which I've just set to level 4 (thick soap)
Is there a setting to change the sound of a Hereford cow to a Jersey cow when it dispenses :cry:

Soldato
Who reads instructions..

So there is a dispense setting, which I've just set to level 4 (thick soap)
Is there a setting to change the sound of a Hereford cow to a Jersey cow when it dispenses :cry:
lol I was tapping the volume indicator button assuming that was how to change the pump time. Even worse the wife turned it upside down to look at the sensor and almost got soap in her face.

Soldato
I find level 2 is the perfect amount of soap for me. Any more is a waste, but any less is barely enough

Associate
An OBD2 scanner. This after being charged £70-odd at a garage for them to check my car for faults. There are a plethora of such devices at wildly varying prices and capabilities, this one hits the spot for me as a DIY tool. Stupid price on Amazon (£200-odd) but just £126 on Ebay with a code. Yes, it's a genuine item :)

Soldato
What is it? (n00b)
Electrical wire connectors. A much easier and quicker system to use than the old terminal strips and available in formats to join any combination of wires easily enough. Push/snap the wire in and the metal bar at the back provides a conductor across all terminals. If it's the original type then its a German company I think called Wago.

Back
Top Bottom