Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
by the same token - SDK can't expect people not to be jealous/make snide comments when he posts pictures of 4/5 brand new ipads at xmas time when others are struggling to get their kids some small presents/save all year for xmas etc.

I'm not passing judgement either way but I can see both sides of it.

Its the way he goes about it, not that he's bought stuff.
'So today was refresh the family iPad day'
Is this the same chap who had half a toy shop for his kids birthday then asked if he'd bought enough?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
The only reason he can't expect people not to make snide remarks is because people are thick. Those that make such remarks are only showing themselves up as too dense to understand that not everyone has the same amount of money.

I don't see snide remarks in motors when people post their Aston Martins or R8s, I see admiration and interest.

It's a shame that some people are struggling to provide for their kids but I'm not sure how that's relevant to a 'post stuff you've bought' thread. Seems a great thread to stay out of if you suffer from such small-mindedness.

It's yourself who comes across as thick if you are unable to grasp the varying opinions people can have in response to someone showboats to the extent he does. I say showboat because they are not all new purchases. It's a look-at-me lineup. And the fact they are culture products from a marmite company fuels opinion.

I'm not jealous in any shape or form, but I do find his spending habits on family vulgar. It's absolutely his choice to do what he pleases with his money, but he will always get a divisive reaction on the photos he posts as a result.

Buying a fleet of cars for yourself is quite different to spoiling your kids rotten and boasting about it. Many people see it as excessive and will assume the worst in the upbringing of the child. If you've acquired a fleet of aston's, then good on you. Give one to your kids for their 17th, you're a ****. Etc.

Soldato
Who gives a flying **** what other people buy. Seriously some folk need to get off the Internet if it rattles them that much over a few purchases. No one says boo to a goose when someone drops 250k + on a house, compliments all round as far as I can see. But someone spends a few hundred quid on ipads or toys and it's like someone has just taken a **** in your cornflakes. Pathetic really :rolleyes:

Soldato
by the same token - SDK can't expect people not to be jealous/make snide comments when he posts pictures of 4/5 brand new ipads at xmas time when others are struggling to get their kids some small presents/save all year for xmas etc.

I'm not passing judgement either way but I can see both sides of it.

Its the way he goes about it, not that he's bought stuff.
'So today was refresh the family iPad day'
Is this the same chap who had half a toy shop for his kids birthday then asked if he'd bought enough?

His bought 2 new iPads, whats the big deal?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Who gives a flying **** what other people buy. Seriously some folk need to get off the Internet if it rattles them that much over a few purchases. No one says boo to a goose when someone drops 250k + on a house, compliments all round as far as I can see. But someone spends a few hundred quid on ipads or toys and it's like someone has just taken a **** in your cornflakes. Pathetic really :rolleyes:
Has 10k+ posts.
Doesn't understand the concept of a forum.

:rolleyes:

Caporegime
It's yourself who comes across as thick if you are unable to grasp the varying opinions people can have in response to someone showboats to the extent he does. I say showboat because they are not all new purchases. It's a look-at-me lineup. And the fact they are culture products from a marmite company fuels opinion.

I'm not jealous in any shape or form, but I do find his spending habits on family vulgar. It's absolutely his choice to do what he pleases with his money, but he will always get a divisive reaction on the photos he posts as a result.

Buying a fleet of cars for yourself is quite different to spoiling your kids rotten and boasting about it. Many people see it as excessive and will assume the worst in the upbringing of the child. If you've acquired a fleet of aston's, then good on you. Give one to your kids for their 17th, you're a ****. Etc.

But it's not showboating and there's nothing vulgar about it. He bought some stuff for his family; seems like a good father to me. If people dislike that, then what on earth are they doing in a thread purely designed to show off one's purchases?

It's sad that not everyone can afford to do the same for their families, and it's even more sad that some people would rather not be exposed to another's purchasing power for the simple reason that it reminds them of their own situation in a rather raw fashion.

Thoroughly bizarre.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Speaking of tyres...

rps20161222_101421_441.jpg

Caporegime
But it's not showboating and there's nothing vulgar about it. He bought some stuff for his family; seems like a good father to me. If people dislike that, then what on earth are they doing in a thread purely designed to show off one's purchases?

It's sad that not everyone can afford to do the same for their families, and it's even more sad that some people would rather not be exposed to another's purchasing power for the simple reason that it reminds them of their own situation in a rather raw fashion.

Thoroughly bizarre.

Yeah but no one need two ipads...:p

Back
Top Bottom