Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Are all ultrawides noisy? I had my eye on one for a while now.
No only the early gen QD-OLED panels are as they have 1 or 2 fans depending on variant (Gsync Ultimate models have their own fan for the GSYNC module and the QD-OLED panel then has a fan too) . Even the 1 fan version (AW3423DW) has an audible fan. It's not distracting, it's just //there// if that makes sense which is obvious in a completely silent room with a completely silent PC but I learned to kind of ignore it though now I'm in total silence again.

Other brands like MSI/Asus etc use different methods on their panels like a custom heatsink. The current 3rd gen QD-OLED models don't seem to have any noise, even though they have a single fan.

Soldato
So glad it's not another photo of a new mouse.

:p
Or those pesky game controllers...

StnNI.gif

...and yes i did get suckered into ordering the recent one @mrk posted* :(

* delivered today and, it's pretty good tbf

Last edited:
Soldato
seems to be more common that people have their phone nicked from their hands whilst unlocked (silk road guy too), but otherwise aren't sim passwords resilient to cloning.

Associate
Image of an item I didn't purchase :) (but I did need to buy the metal to make it...). For my DeWalt jigsaw I wanted a guide accessory, really it should have come with one but no - they want an extra £20 for it. Me being tight-fisted made one instead. However this one has an extra piece which bolts on to allow the guide to work right up to the edge of the blade (if required).

Last edited:
Soldato
seems to be more common that people have their phone nicked from their hands whilst unlocked (silk road guy too), but otherwise aren't sim passwords resilient to cloning.
I can deal with my phone being nicked. But there are various ways that your SIM can be cloned, which are entirely out of your control, and may not know it's happened.

You could just use recovery codes, written down, but they aren't great still. With a hardware key (which is PIN-locked), you're about as secure as any normal person needs to get.

Previously someone with a cloned SIM (and my password) could have accessed my MS account and recovered my authenticator, which would be all sorts of bad times.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Image of an item I didn't purchase :) (but I did need to buy the metal to make it...). For my DeWalt jigsaw I wanted a guide accessory, really it should have come with one but no - they want an extra £20 for it. Me being tight-fisted made one instead. However this one has an extra piece which bolts on to allow the guide to work right up to the edge of the blade (if required).

That looks entirely overbuilt but entirely lovely as well.

Soldato

That does look good quality.

Bet parts + labour cost more than the genuine part, but yours will probably last a lot longer.

Associate
That does look good quality.

Bet parts + labour cost more than the genuine part, but yours will probably last a lot longer.
Well the 50x50x3mm stainless steel angle cost me £27 for 4ft lol, but most of that stays in my stock for future jobs. Not sure what kind of stainless it is but it was a right **tch to drill/mill. More than likely I'll lose it for that one time when I actually need it..

Soldato
Well the 50x50x3mm stainless steel angle cost me £27 for 4ft lol, but most of that stays in my stock for future jobs. Not sure what kind of stainless it is but it was a right **tch to drill/mill. More than likely I'll lose it for that one time when I actually need it..

I knew it would be and was just joking a little with you as is something I would do as well and have done a few times :D

Worked on some stainless years ago that were going to be lintels on a private school and, yes it is a real ***** to drill, cut and weld.

Soldato
We were desperately in need of some garage storage, so bought this Draper unit. I still need to put up the 2 x wall mounted cupboards but I need to move that plug socket over.

Any good? How much $? Looking for something similar as I may have to rip out the current workbench.

Back
Top Bottom