Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Couldn’t help myself. Bought the OG too.

IMG-0030.jpg

Soldato
Any good? How much $? Looking for something similar as I may have to rip out the current workbench.

It was £806 from the FFX eBay site with one of the save coupons that come up on eBay every now and then.

I'm happy with it, quality feels about right for the price i.e. I'm sure the more expensive versions from the likes of Sealey are better without having physically seen them.

There's more to it than in the picture, there's a pegboard and two smaller wall mounted cabinets.

Soldato
It was £806 from the FFX eBay site with one of the save coupons that come up on eBay every now and then.

I'm happy with it, quality feels about right for the price i.e. I'm sure the more expensive versions from the likes of Sealey are better without having physically seen them.

There's more to it than in the picture, there's a pegboard and two smaller wall mounted cabinets.

I agree, it's tough to tell the quality from an image and it's nigh impossible to see one in person.

I like the idea of two separate cupboards in the one you've bought although I've had my eye on something like this from SGS. Would be difficult to mount a decent vice on it though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Compressed air powered 18mm brad nailer and sand-blasting gun. Nailer seems to work well and will pop 50mm brads with no issues.

That nailer looks the business, Clarke air tools are really good for the price. No inline oiler or does it have it's own or not need one?

I find I'm gradually moving away from compressed air tools but some are just better than their battery counterparts.

Soldato
Following on from my post in the manly jobs thread, I decided that, yes - I definitely needed a drill press. So I promptly (well, after spending a while monitoring ebay and FB marketplace) went out and bought one older than myself...

mp7ZMCo.jpeg

From what I've been able to gather, they are very well made, and with a bit of TLC should outlive me. Needs a little bit of tidying up - some of the knobs need replacing, and just a general clean up, but it runs nicely, looks to have been serviced & inspected regularly (it's from a school DT department), and there are plenty of guides & videos online from people doing restorations, so there's plenty of info out there if I need to do a full teardown/rebuild.

Getting it in and out of the car was fun - apparently weighs ~70kg, and certainly feels it! ended up sticking it on one of the kids' skateboards to wheel it round to the shed :cry:

Soldato
Following on from my post in the manly jobs thread, I decided that, yes - I definitely needed a drill press. So I promptly (well, after spending a while monitoring ebay and FB marketplace) went out and bought one older than myself...

mp7ZMCo.jpeg

From what I've been able to gather, they are very well made, and with a bit of TLC should outlive me. Needs a little bit of tidying up - some of the knobs need replacing, and just a general clean up, but it runs nicely, looks to have been serviced & inspected regularly (it's from a school DT department), and there are plenty of guides & videos online from people doing restorations, so there's plenty of info out there if I need to do a full teardown/rebuild.

Getting it in and out of the car was fun - apparently weighs ~70kg, and certainly feels it! ended up sticking it on one of the kids' skateboards to wheel it round to the shed :cry:
That is badass lol! Fair play. Does it wire into regular power?

Soldato
That is badass lol! Fair play. Does it wire into regular power?

Yeah, they came in 3 phase as well, but this is just a standard single phase 230v, the wiring it came with was... Interesting, the big chunky cable with the old red/black wiring is the main power, the thinner cable is some modern armoured flex that some numpty wired a plug on to (I assume trying to test it...) luckily I checked it first - that's for a safety interlock/emergency stop :p

Last edited:
Associate
That nailer looks the business, Clarke air tools are really good for the price. No inline oiler or does it have it's own or not need one?

I find I'm gradually moving away from compressed air tools but some are just better than their battery counterparts.
There is an inline oiler tank visible just behind the nailer to the right but I'll probably just put a drop or two into the inlet port as needed. The Clarke air tool is cheap compared to electric tools but of course I'm limited by the length of the air hose.

Associate

mp7ZMCo.jpeg

Ah the old Fobco Star :) Nice example - not too many holes in the drill table. Decent British engineering that but I would put a 3-phase motor + inverter on it for convenience, I hate moving those belts around.

Soldato
Yeah, they came in 3 phase as well, but this is just a standard single phase 230v, the wiring it came with was... Interesting, the big chunky cable with the old red/black wiring is the main power, the thinner cable is some modern armoured flex that some numpty wired a plug on to (I assume trying to test it...) luckily I checked it first - that's for a safety interlock/emergency stop :p

That's an awesome find. Are you going to wire that interlock to a footswitch or H&S be damned and remove it for convenience?

Back
Top Bottom