Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
ty, I do not tend to look at a monitor and think "thats nice" but that 1 I did.

some monitors have quite a big curve to them and I am not a fan but this 1 looks ok
Yes, I nearly bought a flat one, but I figured that it would be a bit more 'immersive' for gaming. My last monitor was curved, despite only being a 27" 16:9 1440p screen. Generally think a slight curve is fine for a monitor as you sit quite close, whereas I prefer TVs to be flat.

Soldato
Finally joined the ultrawide monitor master race. Dell AW3423DWF arrived today.

nlSHtwF.jpg
Man that is badass. Are these monitors any good for games like CS:GO?

Soldato
Man that is badass. Are these monitors any good for games like CS:GO?
So far I've only tried 3 FPS games (Rising Storm 2, Insurgency: Sandstorm, and The Finals), and I only really mucked around in their offline practice modes for a bit - but yeah, it's pretty awesome. Gives you a wider field of view for better peripheral vision. Imagine it would be the same for CS:GO, although I don't play it.
Also just been playing Read Dead Redemption 2 which looks fantastic on the bigger screen with HDR enabled. Annoyingly, the cutscenes don't fill the screen, despite being the same aspect ratio. But I think there's mods for that.

That looks fantastic, it's OLED right?
Yeah, QD-OLED. I understand they are less prone to pixel burn-in than OLED, but I'm still taking a few precautions like hiding the taskbar, and setting the screen to go off after 5 minutes.

Man of Honour
Monitor looks great, can't beat oled.

Not sure I'd risk having one for desktop use though.
It has built in safety features which remind you to run panel maintenance every 4 hours of constant use. It takes around 5 minutes. I just plan brakes around it, a minor inconvenience for the way the screen looks. It’s leaps and bounds better than any display I’ve used on my PC. If you get issues then Dell do burn in warranty and have fast turnaround times.

Soldato
Monitor looks great, can't beat oled.

Not sure I'd risk having one for desktop use though.
It will be used primarily for games; I do work from home, but only a couple of days a week, and I'm not usually looking at spreadsheets for hours on end.
I'll see how it goes. I use dark mode usually anyway, and I've set my power options so the screen goes off after 5 minutes. As above, the screen has maintenance options, and it will run automatically as long as the screen is in standby.
Some people go to extremes like hiding desktop icons and using only a black background instead of a wallpaper, but I figure I've bought a nice screen, I'd like to see some nice wallpapers on it :p

I have one, it's a lovely monitor. The screen is something else compared to LCD monitors.

Same same

How do you guys find text legibility? I read up about pixel fringing before I bought it - so far, although I can tell that text clarity isn't quite as pin sharp as I'd like, it's still fine. I can only see fringing issues if I stick my nose up to the screen.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
How do you guys find text legibility? I read up about pixel fringing before I bought it - so far, although I can tell that text clarity isn't quite as pin sharp as I'd like, it's still fine. I can only see fringing issues if I stick my nose up to the screen.
Fine for me but I mainly use it with macOS, and I'm in my 40s so my eyesight probably isn't as sharp as it should be!

Don

All good, at least for me, I have recently started needing specs for reading, however, not when using this monitor.

Back
Top Bottom