Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Not sure I'd risk having one for desktop use though.
I've had 4 replacements, currently on the 5th. 2 were replaced for burn-in and 2 replaced for defects. The burn-in can still happen within just 3 months (see the recent Monitors Unboxed QD-OLED burn in video) but how noticeable it is depends on individual settings like brightness etc. All of the details are talked about in the QD-OLED threads for both the new 32" 4K panels (gen 3) and the previous Gen 1/2 34" ultrawide. I use mine for WFH and productivity so much heavier usage than most but these come with 3 years burn in warranty with next day replacement so it's mostly a non issue.

To anyone with a QD-OLED< even if it's Gen 3 -- Do yourself a favour and run BetterCleartypeTuner, set RGB to 2200 and apply then close the tool. This removes the text fringe issue in Windows.

Also do not install the Dell/Alienware software. None of that rubbish is needed. Follow the recommendations in the mentioned threads and all's well.

Soldato
Sorry, but I think prime day is just a big conjob. Theres hardly anything “discounted” that I can’t find somewhere else for the same or cheaper

Well....depending on how much and how often you buy stuff, it's worth going back through stuff that's in your return window and seeing what's cheaper. Return, wait for new stuff to turn up, and just slap a return label on it and return it.

Must admit the ethics of that bother me a bit tbh.

Back
Top Bottom