Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

AliExpress mouse mat, ultrawide clock, controller holders and some Ebay A5 gaming posters and frames x 8..

vGBMZbW.jpg
Your setup it god tier :D The vice city poster being the piece de resistance!

Couple of pages old now, but talk to me people with the robot hovers! Tempted by one for a while with the cats and kids mess, the google eyes have then pushed me even closer to buying.

A robot hover wouldn't be very good at sucking up dirt :p

We love this one. Our house has a few tricky obstacles resulting in it getting stuck occasionally but it really does help keep the place clean. I honestly thought they were gimmicks owned by people who were convinced that they were amazing bits of kit because of their investment and marketing, but I'll never be without one again. The app is fantastic too, it tells me when it gets stuck so I give it a little assistance and off it goes again. Would definitely recommend, but you missed the £100 off for the one we bought.

The size of ours (the white one with the googly eyes) means it goes places that the larger ones would never be able to reach too.

I have never bought a washing machine, but I think there are two things I'd really care about and I just care about them because they're either convenient or practical.

My washing machines have been incredibly loud, which is annoying, so I'd like a quiet one.

I'd also like to turn it on when my electricity is cheaper to save money, which the AI bit could do.

So I think that's quite exciting.
I think most washing machines are sold with time delay options now, so you can choose to start the program in x amount of hours, removing the need for AI. I don't think many washing machines are sold with noisy brushed motors these days - if they are, they'll probably be second hand machines or dirt cheap.

I think most washing machines are sold with time delay options now, so you can choose to start the program in x amount of hours, removing the need for AI. I don't think many washing machines are sold with noisy brushed motors these days - if they are, they'll probably be second hand machines or dirt cheap.

Anecdotal information: The manual for my new washing machine says that if you're going to use the delay function, use powder, not the liquid detergent; I can only assume that's because the liquid dries out in the drawer and makes it go gunky.

Last edited:
A robot hover wouldn't be very good at sucking up dirt :p

We love this one. Our house has a few tricky obstacles resulting in it getting stuck occasionally but it really does help keep the place clean. I honestly thought they were gimmicks owned by people who were convinced that they were amazing bits of kit because of their investment and marketing, but I'll never be without one again. The app is fantastic too, it tells me when it gets stuck so I give it a little assistance and off it goes again. Would definitely recommend, but you missed the £100 off for the one we bought.

The size of ours (the white one with the googly eyes) means it goes places that the larger ones would never be able to reach too.
lol yes hoover, although I wouldn’t say no to a hovering robot either

Is that the switchbot k10 you have? Shows as £100 off on Amazon so £299 currently.

I have the ecovacs x1 OMNI for a few years now, over kill but keep my kitchen clean daily.

Robot hover is great if it auto empty, with pet I would guess the little tank will get filled up each run and having to empty it daily defeat the purpose of automation IMO

For complex room with different floor types is still big challenge for robots, even with sensors and auto mapping of rooms it will be a hit and miss with mopping and vacuuming etc

Cast iron is simple, just use hot water, no detergent. Wipe it clean. Put it on the heat for a few seconds to properly dry it. Job done. You need a little oil on the pan.

The alternative is some kind of plastic non-stick coating that tries to mimic the properties of oil, but is really just a way to keep selling people new pans regularly that end up in the bin after a few years.

At least if you screw up the coating on a steel or iron pan you can just re-apply it.
That’s the thing, I can’t stand oily surface even if it is the inside of a pan. We use detergent on everything until squeak clean and dishwasher too for dishes. Personal preferences I guess

I think that's the same one I have been looking at on Amazon (about £30?).... Let me know how you get on with it as I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Yeah, cost me £25. I have a Yosh air vent one which has served me well for a few years but the press button left and right clamps aren't working as well anymore. As this new one does air vent, windscreen and dashboard and got 50,000 likes I thought it's worth spending a little more. I'll definitely let you know how I get on, but all the parts feel nice and chunky and solid.

Back
Top Bottom