Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

ajf

ajf

Soldato
First post ever in here for me.

My Redwing 8111s.

Breaking them in slowly..I'm a UK 10 but apparently you have to down size .5 or 1. So went for a 9. A little tight on the arch...but hopefully they'll be like gloves in a couple of weeks.

31905547772_d733211b0d.jpg

Those look really nice.
Just looking on their website now! A touch pricey but it seems you get what you pay for there, which is a well made pair of boots rather then something thrown together in a sweatshop.
Might have to consider a pair later in the year :)

Soldato
Edit - over the top.

Still leaving this here however: blatant blue collar self-loathing.

If it's any help, I agreed with your rant :p

But I would add that it works both ways, sometimes the better off ridicule the less fortunate without provocation.

In any case, it's definitely not what I would call a business class printer, I doubt it'd last very long in a small office. I spend way more on B&W at work, let alone colour.

Soldato
Those look really nice.
Just looking on their website now! A touch pricey but it seems you get what you pay for there, which is a well made pair of boots rather then something thrown together in a sweatshop.
Might have to consider a pair later in the year :)

Cheers bud. Yeah..I use to have a pair of camel trophy boots...never found anything similar with such good build quality. Now I have.

Apparently they can last many many years...and coz they are welted the sole replacement is pretty easy. There is also no lining at the back to wear through which is good. Just layers of thick leather.

They do look mint. But they are a hard breakin. I think a 9.5 would have been better...but nlt sure as there is plenty of length in the 9...its just that they are narrow. Got them from JL so limited options. There is a web/tele shop in London that apparently stock half size and wide, but the guy I spoke to sounded like a **** so didn't want to give him any of my money.

Soldato
Dead easy getting them- get a job at that place. I looked how much they were to buy individually for example the ratchet spanners are about £60/£80 for the set of 12. So still £180 pieces left.

Cheapest I've seen them for the public is £135. I paid a lot less than that.

I haz 4090!
Don
Awesome
This is like a rite of passage to becoming a man having a set of tools like that. I wish I had one :(

Isn't it? I know I'd have them for ten years and probably only have used about 15 pieces out of there - but they instantly add a good 4" onto the bicep just by owning them.

Back
Top Bottom