Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
I paid $129 for them, and the lack of wire between them was one of the selling points for me.

Unless you're careless and don't put them back in the case after using them why would they get lost?

People lose things ALL the time, from keys, phone, wallet, a pen, money, watches, ear rings, full-size headphones. These are like ear rings, one for each ear except there is no clips to make them stay in place, and women have jewellery boxes to put them back in but they still lose them.

You can easily be crossing a busy street, falls off, guy next to you steps on it. Or just as luck have it, falls off when you are getting on the train/elevator and goes through the gap.

I can picture you forever have both hands on your head now every time you are near a place where they can fall off and never be able to retrieve.

Man of Honour
I've had a pair of wireless earbuds for about a year or so now (Bragi Dash) and they've been fine, even wandering around on the tube or running. BUT they are properly fitted into the ear securely - unlike the iPhone earphones that sort of just hang there. Not sure i'd trust them tbh!

Caporegime
I've had a pair of wireless earbuds for about a year or so now (Bragi Dash) and they've been fine, even wandering around on the tube or running. BUT they are properly fitted into the ear securely - unlike the iPhone earphones that sort of just hang there. Not sure i'd trust them tbh!

The reason I am not a fan of the airpods are their shape is just like their normal wired version. The left side of the wired version would fall out of my ear when I am just sitting there on the train. I would put it on for a nap and woke up with one side fallen off.

Therefore I would not trust it walking around.

Soldato
hahahahahahahahhahaah

I wondered who'd buy them.

We should do a poll guessing when you lose one of them.

Sorry to be mean!

I actually love the idea. Anyone ride a motorbike and want them ? Im sure I read of custom sets being used by riders like that, helps block out wind noise etc
Obviously practically its a pain, maybe insurance would be helpful :/

My in ears and the wires off them make a noise, so no wire would be good for in door use but I dont think these work with PC so its a no from me for now :p

Soldato
Holy ****^^^^ Nice setup.

I got myself a few airsoft bits.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Soldato
Had chance to use them yet? How you getting on with them?

I've tried them briefly and they seem pretty good, the real test will be using them in the gym tomorrow. The sound quality seems fine to me and the iCloud integration is great if you have multiple Apple devices.

I can't get them to fall out of my ears even if I shake my head but I guess they either suit the shape of your ears or they don't and you're out of luck.

Either way I have 30 days to return them if I change my mind.

Associate
I've tried them briefly and they seem pretty good, the real test will be using them in the gym tomorrow. The sound quality seems fine to me and the iCloud integration is great if you have multiple Apple devices.

I can't get them to fall out of my ears even if I shake my head but I guess they either suit the shape of your ears or they don't and you're out of luck.

Either way I have 30 days to return them if I change my mind.

Thanks. Just out of interest are streaming your music?

Associate
Holy ****^^^^ Nice setup.

Thank you.

Great setup. Surely crying out for a huge screen for the immersivity though? That little Asus looks sort of...dare I say, pathetic in such a keen setup.

Cheers. I race pretty much exclusively with the Oculus CV1 now so the monitor is secondary. It's definitely still needed as there are issues with VR integration from time to time and it's a pain getting in and out of the rig so sort the issues out at my desk.

I mounted the second sensor which came with the Touch controllers behind the screen.

Don
You'll get square eyes!!! :eek: :p
Sweet setup!

Thanks!

Cuddly toys add to it :D

How do you find working on a screen that size when sitting so close?

It was quite overwhelming at the start going from 2 x 32" monitors but now it's the normal, the PS4 Pro with the TV has reinitialised my love for gaming. I do sit back in the chair when gaming though.

Associate
Wow, that looks like a pretty awesome setup. Why is it so big, does the seat move and stuff? (whats in the front part behind & under the monitor)

Thank you. The MKI which I made a few years ago wasn't sturdy enough so I made sure I built this as stable as possible. The front section is pretty much 3 sheets of 18mm MDF for the side panels with double thickness shelving and metal bracing for the wheel mount. It's monumentally heavy but I did design it to be reasonably modular if I should move house.

There's a pedal set on seat runners in the nose section to allow forward and backwards movement. The seat is also on runners so that's adjustable too. There are 4 Buttkickers - 2 under the seat, 1 under the pedals and 1 under the shifter for tacktile feedback (runs off software called Simvibe which converts telemetry information into feedback to simulate gearshifts, road texture, engine vibrations, impacts etc).

Under the monitor there's an Android phone which provides a simulated electronic dashboard (pretty much redundant now with VR). I used rotary dials, switches and buttons for various functions on the main dashboard panels. These still get used when in the Rift.

The cover at the back of the monitor houses an Oculus CV1 sensor for VR duties.

Back
Top Bottom