Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Very pleased with this! To replace a very tired G510 keyboard..

DSC_0196.JPG

Made a profile for BF1
DSC_0208.JPG

Associate
You should start a thread
Images of things I have made

Put that up as a first post and it would be
[/thread]

:)

Hmmm. There's a thought. If anyone else thinks this is a good idea, I'd be happy to start one. I do have a few other projects I've completed which could be posted too.

Plus I really enjoy seeing what people put together as it's a good source of ideas.

Soldato
Upgraded my scanner aerial to a high gain whip (Nagoya NA-771), what a difference. I can now hear clear as a bell the tower at London City airport, even from downstairs, before I was only getting one sided conversation from nearby passing aircraft departing and arriving. Also able to hear a lot more aircraft traffic in general on London ATC, Heathrow holding patterns and now able to hear VOLMET. Massive increase in range.

Am also now able to pick up TFL bus radio network which is used to communicate to bus drivers from a repeater. Many wireless headphones & TV extenders from neighbours.

bOPh9lo.jpg

Some silver cleaning polish, this stuff is like magic.

kmLQntq.jpg

Silver cufflinks

wz4HiaK.jpg

Silver and amber cufflinks

RaaJg5u.jpg

Suspended
Upgraded my scanner aerial to a high gain whip (Nagoya NA-771), what a difference. I can now hear clear as a bell the tower at London City airport, even from downstairs, before I was only getting one sided conversation from nearby passing aircraft departing and arriving. Also able to hear a lot more aircraft traffic in general on London ATC, Heathrow holding patterns and now able to hear VOLMET. Massive increase in range.

Am also now able to pick up TFL bus radio network which is used to communicate to bus drivers from a repeater. Many wireless headphones & TV extenders from neighbours.

Nice. Imagine how much better it would be connected to a roof or mast mounted antenna.

Soldato

Cool. :) What kind of range have you got? Wouldn't mind getting something like this to see what I can hear. I'd probably only get Luton airport traffic at the moment but would like to know the ranges on the original and upgraded aerials. :p

Soldato
Nice. Imagine how much better it would be connected to a roof or mast mounted antenna.

Sounds like a slippery slope!

Cool. :) What kind of range have you got? Wouldn't mind getting something like this to see what I can hear. I'd probably only get Luton airport traffic at the moment but would like to know the ranges on the original and upgraded aerials. :p

Hard to tell, as I have no real reference for signals which are marginal. London city airport is around 6 miles away but I am receiving that well now on the upgraded aerial. On the standard rubber duck, I wasn't even hitting that. Worth mentioning that the area is extremely built up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom