Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
Probably stop production 90% way through haha

No it won't. The only ones they stop are test runs. Once you get the TV ads, it's official and has already been manufactured, so you will get it all.

Eaglemoss are the same generally but have been known to cancel. If you buy from newsagents, you are buggered, but if you subscribe from the supplier, then they will generally refund you as they haven't fulfilled their end of the bargain. Star Wars builds will rise in value too after the run stops.

Deagostini are the publishers, but the actual subsidiary in the U.K that deals with part works is called Model Space. They are very good indeed. UK based with a helpline that you get straight through on and they sort problems quickly. They've also upgraded their delivery, so you actually get things within five days of ordering whereas it used to be 4-6 weeks.

Another bonus is Model space have an awesome forum where they do official builds, members post build diaries and you can get help from very experienced modellers on any problems you have. It's been invaluable for me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
No it won't. The only ones they stop are test runs. Once you get the TV ads, it's official and has already been manufactured, so you will get it all.

Eaglemoss are the same. Star Wars builds will rise in value too after the run stops.

Eaglemoss arent the same. They have stopped runs before if there hasn't been a big enough take up plus sometimes they don't have enough parts for one issue and you end up missing them.

I wouldnt trust them personally.

Caporegime
I have the YSP-2500; good sound bar as long as you have squarish room.

Our living room is rectangular and our TV is right in one corner, so very far from optimal. However surround was off the cards so I'll muck around with the sound processing and see what I can do.

Nice. How much of an improvement have you found it to be over a recent LCD TV?

It replaced a 42" plasma (LG 42PQ6000 from yonks ago) that was developing orange peel in its anti-reflective coating from exposure to sun, so the improvement is enormous.

First impressions are that the movement looks very realistic and it's a beautiful picture in contrast and colour terms.

Man of Honour
Not really, its getting affordable. The B6 can be had for £1500 now.

I recently got a £49" Samsung ks8000 with a UHD boy ray player for £1150. There is the compromise with the 'light glow' you get with edge lit displays but tbh you can only notice that during 'credits'. Otherwise it's absolutely stunning.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Upgraded the AV in the living room:

- LG OLED55B6V (love it)
- Yamaha YSP-2700 sound bar + sub (seems OK, but haven't set it up or tried a movie yet)
CH4X8BOh.jpg

Fixed.

15895670_10212118726102170_952132286910507627_o.jpg

Soldato
I was looking at the OLED 65" LG but the wife wouldn't let me spend that much on a TV, so I've just bought the LG 65UH615V. I was trying to find a deal online, but ended up just picking it up from the local place as I was impatient and it was a pretty good deal.

Replaced my LG 60 plasma from 6 years ago, and even that is a lovely upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom