Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
Been after a one for awhile but pleased I held off as they now come with built-in Wifi. Not that what I have planned will make use of that really but it's there if needed I guess. Hoping to use it as a DAC but will see what happens. Not soldered in years so will see how that goes.

I have a Pi 2/Hifiberry that I used to use as a DAC (till I installed RetroPie and the DAC is in a drawer...).

What are you using for a case?

I want it to make it as neat and child proof as possible and I've not seen a good Zero + addon board case. :o

Moode Audio is incredible though. :D

maj

maj

Soldato
I have a Pi 2/Hifiberry that I used to use as a DAC (till I installed RetroPie and the DAC is in a drawer...).

What are you using for a case?

I want it to make it as neat and child proof as possible and I've not seen a good Zero + addon board case. :o

Moode Audio is incredible though. :D

I'm using the PiBow you can see in the photo. It's one specifically designed for the 'W' model. From what I've seen the pHAT DAC lies on top of the case with the 40-pin header connecting the two circuit boards together. Won't look very neat but will serve its purpose and I'm lucky enough to not need worry about it being child proof.

Associate
E22EDCAB-29F9-40F4-AFE9-A3533A57B22C_zps7czersgi.jpg

New coffee machine. Nespresso this is not. Already gone through most of a bag of semi-fresh beans just dialling it in. Not quite there yet. Then I need to work on my milk frothing. I scalded the first couple of goes.

My perfect flat white is there somewhere though.

Soldato
This isn't strictly bean to cup. It is more an espresso maker and grinder in a single machine. It is a bit more manual than a bean to cup.

Jealous! I really want the oracle...currently have a delonghi bean to cup machine, which is ok (should be given it was nearly a grand a few years back!) but nowhere near as good as these. The oracle can do the milk automatically too which would make my gf slight more happy....

Ok, so

The grinder on the top is literally just a grinder on the top? :p Still cool though.

it grinds straight into the filter basket, you then move it from the grind slot into the pour slot...so it's only 1 manual movement :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
E22EDCAB-29F9-40F4-AFE9-A3533A57B22C_zps7czersgi.jpg

New coffee machine. Nespresso this is not. Already gone through most of a bag of semi-fresh beans just dialling it in. Not quite there yet. Then I need to work on my milk frothing. I scalded the first couple of goes.

My perfect flat white is there somewhere though.

Nice, try and get some decent beans!

Associate
Couple of pieces of breadboard from Maplin. I was struggling with a really cheap rubbish one I got from Bitsbox but found I was spending more time making sure the connections were good than actually doing anything else.

Threw an LED flasher with a 3909 on to check - No problems at all, much better. The old one has gone in the bin.

IbFKZQQ.jpeg

If you're good at soldering you can cut the glass out a normal AA torch bulb and fit the resistor/transistor/and LED in the metal bit .. fiddly but worth it, mine ran for 6 months on an single AA battery.

Commissario
That's not a bad idea to try. I don't have any torch bulbs though but perhaps something else. I've got a stash of 3909s now and associated bits now and I'm pretty damn good with a soldering iron, even if I do say so myself :cool:

Associate
You can pick one up for a quid on ebay! I could read a book with mine, never bothered to turn it off, still ran for over 6 months.

I think a 3909 will be too big to fit in a torch bulb. you'll also need a tiny ferrite bead.

ygtvutj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom