Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Man of Honour
33768016894_f9dfb794d9_h.jpg

Also bought an Arlo camera system, load of Netgear power line stuff, some nice shirts and a new cabin bag but I can't be bothered to take pictures, but use your imagination :D

Man of Honour
A cheap used Thinkpad T530 from ebay.

I really didn't expect it to be great quality as it's quite old and all I needed was a laptop so I could sit in another room and work on a project while my main desktop was being used by the kids. But when it arrived I was shocked just how good it is. There are afew very minor marks but it's damn good condition and you'd think it was only a year old. It also has a higher spec that it was advertised with. I was expecting it to only have an onboard Intel HD4000 GPU, no blueteooth and the standard 6 cell battery. But it actually has the switchable Nvidia GPU, bluetooth, the extended 9 cell battery and a fingerprint reader. Result :)

It's ideal as I don't game much now and I can set this up as a work machine desktop replacement. It's powerful enough for it and with the Nvidia GPU, if I add the right Thinkpad dock, it can drive three external monitors as well as the onboard screen as a fourth monitor.

Quad core i7 3630QM
8gb RAM (I will upgrage that to 16gb)
320gg HDD (I will upgrade it to an SSD and relocate the old HDD into the ultrabay
DVDRW (not needed - would prefer the HDD in there)
1600x900 15" matte screen (I will upgrade it to 1920x1080 for about £60)
webcam
bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Non-backlit keyboard (I won't bother upgrading that to backlit as the non-backit keyboards are more tactile and have a rough rather than smooth key surface which I prefer - and of course it has the Thinklight). The keyboard is not quite as good as the old style pre-chicklet Thinkpads but almost as good).

It's certainly no lightweight pretty little ultrabook. But it's not as heavy as I expected and is really quite powerful for a cheap five year old machine. Exactly what I was looking for.

EJ7gPq3.jpg

Soldato
New rear speakers to match the fronts. (cheapo off ebay! Shame they were packaged terribly!)

wIoKI16.jpg

I assume I should get a matching centre to match?

Also there doesn't appear a way to tie them to the bottom of a speaker stand? Are they generally not screwed in? I was gonna buy one for the back left.

Soldato
How's the battery life and camera?

Hard to judge the battery life so far as I'm using it a lot more than I would normally, but it seems very impressive. The camera is very good, produces nice crisp images. Low light performance isn't quite as good as my Z3 Compact which did well in dark environments, but in other situations it's coming out noticeably better. Performance is great too, it's a very quick phone.

Soldato
why pick the 8 series over the 55" 7 series?
Due to stand, I was originally going for 49" 7 series but it was out of stock most reputable places. Also would be slightly too large as TV is in corner so part of it would be obstructed by fireplace.

Reminded me I need to ring up about the free bluray player I was want to receive with it..

The 8 series has beeter colour reproduction than the 7

Maybe, I know it has better motion reproduction, speakers and processor but it's all minimal TBH

Back
Top Bottom