Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
New door, what would you guys recommend for finishing it?

I've heard osmo oil is good? Would it keep the door colour similar?
Bxn96Nl.jpg

Ive just recently had the exact same doors fit and applied some osmo polyx to them, went for the satin matt i think it was. Just slightly darkens them, not too much. Look miles better with it on tbh!

Soldato
Ive just recently had the exact same doors fit and applied some osmo polyx to them, went for the satin matt i think it was. Just slightly darkens them, not too much. Look miles better with it on tbh!

Cheers! Mines from below link. I'll try buy some of that oil I think. Did you sand rough sections on the door before hand?

Out of interest what you get/where from? Mine was very heavy! I think I might get lighter doors for the bedrooms etc.

https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Premdor-C...AF17E2918731&libra_c=&libra_d=&libra_g=&cltr=

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've been using the wireless one without the numerical key pads for 8 years now and don't miss it at all. Strangely I prefer the ones with rechargeable AA's as well, I just have a spare charged set on stand by and swap it over as opposed to having to plug it in wired for the day to charge it.

Soldato
They're not out of touch. They just know you'll moan and buy it anyway. :p

No way; I am going to buy a spare wired version and hold onto it in the event my current one fails. To hell with them for that. I use the USB ports on the sides fairly often but would have accepted they had to go if they provided a backlight, but they won't even do that. A battery doesn't cost double the price either!

Matias basically cloned the keyboard, made it wireless, AND has a backlit version. http://matias.ca/aluminum/backlit/

I've been using the wireless one without the numerical key pads for 8 years now and don't miss it at all. Strangely I prefer the ones with rechargeable AA's as well, I just have a spare charged set on stand by and swap it over as opposed to having to plug it in wired for the day to charge it.

I want functional arrow keys, so the shortened wireless one is even worse.

Soldato

Purchased 3 of these Oak doors from someone on Facebook who is on building a massive house and over ordered but only just clearing out the storage and too late to send back.

Total cost...£135.

We have ordered some glazed oak doors and another matching door and will be changing all of downstairs to Oak doors soon.

Soldato

Purchased 3 of these Oak doors from someone on Facebook who is on building a massive house and over ordered but only just clearing out the storage and too late to send back.

Total cost...£135.

We have ordered some glazed oak doors and another matching door and will be changing all of downstairs to Oak doors soon.

Nice! Cheapest I could find when I did my house was 2 for £150 so that's a nice saving. Just make sure you order good fire door hinges. I got all mine from handleking.

Soldato
Nice! Cheapest I could find when I did my house was 2 for £150 so that's a nice saving. Just make sure you order good fire door hinges. I got all mine from handleking.

Yeah was daft not to get them really @ £45 each.

I only need one firedoor, but I got all the hinges from Zoo hardware on Amazon. Seem very nice quality.

Commissario
So Apple just HAD to discontinue the wired version and replace it with a wireless one with fewer features that requires a lighting cable to charge it.

I hate how out of touch this company is.
I think you're missing the point. I've been using my old keyboard for nearly nine years. I was quite happy to replace it and this one does exactly what I want. I have plenty of lightning cables and even if I didn't, there's one in the box.

Soldato
I think you're missing the point. I've been using my old keyboard for nearly nine years. I was quite happy to replace it and this one does exactly what I want. I have plenty of lightning cables and even if I didn't, there's one in the box.

That is fair to you, but no point was missed. They released the exact same thing with features removed (not even backlit added). All they've done is stick a battery inside, double the price, and discontinue the old wired version so that people won't just buy that one.

It's sickening what Cook has done to the company.

Back
Top Bottom