Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

D3K

D3K

Soldato
If you think that, I'm guessing that you don't own any of their products. Everything is still just as good as under Jobs.

Just because I have owned iPhones doesn't mean I respect the company. They were the first to make a portable phone available that had live mapping in Japan, something I deperately needed. I stuck with them for a few gens. But computers absolutely no way.

Associate
TO4iht4.jpg

Drevo Gramr 75% Mechanical Keyboard only £26 on the auction site. I am very impressed for the price it has a braided cord, brightness adjustable backlight and a couple of different animation functions. It does have media keys behind a function modifier as well. I have little to no experience of Mechanical Keyboards so I can't say what the switches feel like. The backlight looks more blue in the picture but it is more white in person.

The only downside is the American Layout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmZGuql7M9M

Soldato
Nah. Iphone 7 is nothing extra over 6 and look at their new iSpeaker. Caused a massive drop in the share price. It doesn't even do half of the stuff that Amazon And Google ones do.

I upgraded from a 6 to a 7 plus about a month ago and I think the 7 plus is wonderful. OK it's not game changing, but it's a superb phone. We all know Siri is crap, though :p

Just because I have owned iPhones doesn't mean I respect the company. They were the first to make a portable phone available that had live mapping in Japan, something I deperately needed. I stuck with them for a few gens. But computers absolutely no way.

I have had a Mac - I had a Mac Mini years ago, and I thought it was fantastic. The OS was lovely, very easy to use, but the hardware was also excellent and it way outlasted the PC I also had at the time. My sister also has a Macbook that after about 8 years is still running very nicely.

I guess people have different experiences, but the only real difference I've noticed since Jobs died is that iOS is a little less polished.

Soldato
Eh, at least they were still innovating for the most part under Jobs. They doubled down on milking and diming with Cook.
What did they innovate under jobs? (his last run with the company, not the groundbreaking 80's stuff before he got fired) AFAICR the last truly innovative thing Apple brought out was... probably the iTunes store.

I guess people have different experiences, but the only real difference I've noticed since Jobs died is that iOS is a little less polished.
Jobs was vehemently opposed to multiple iPhone sizes, so you wouldn't have a 7 plus on his watch.

Soldato
Speaking of that damn keyboard, can anyone find a link to a US layout one in this country? I'm trying to find one to buy as a spare in the event my current one dies seeing as it is now discontinued - don't wanna pay out the ass for that wireless one.

I don't like the UK layout on the keyboard. That anorexic enter is atrocious.

Man of Honour
What did they innovate under jobs?
Off the top of my head the MacBook Air springs to mind, plus the iPad pretty much made tablets popular.

Love Apple computers, I'm a Windows nerd but I really dislike Windows 10 and most things MS bring out now. If it weren't for games, I wouldn't have a Windows PC in my house.

Nah. Iphone 7 is nothing extra over 6
Except for a better camera, better screen, more powerful CPU, more RAM, 3d touch, waterproof etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom