Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

You a dad now? Also, where's the admin thing gone? Lovely car btw, what year is it?

Haven't been an admin for a while. Don't have time. New job, new life, new home in the last 18 months. Something had to give, and the forums aren't important enough to me compared to the rest. :)

For a moment I disliked you, then I remembered that my family wagon is also awesome, and isn't red :D

Red wouldn't have been my ideal choice, but better than something ordinary. And I still have my 350z which is in the best colour. :)

Finally got my birthday present framed.

Artist is Lucy Pittaway and the limited edition print is called 'Father & Daughter'

New specs time, a yearly occurrence these days (or twice a year when you leave your current pair in a cab in Boston!). So going to try some varifocals as I am at the age where I need different close in and far out lenses, annoyingly. When I lost my glasses stateside, I had a pair made in 1 hour which were varifocal, but I am told not all varifocals are the same and what also didn't help, which I only realised later, was they had my lenses the wrong way around! So my distance view was lower, my close in view higher. Stupid yanks and stupid me for leaving them in a cab! My opticians does a 30 day trial or return option so decided to give them a try and if I can't get on with them I will move to 2 pairs of glasses. Gong for really lightweight titanium this time, relatively expensive but you can hardly feel them on your face.

IMG_2579.jpg

New specs time, a yearly occurrence these days (or twice a year when you leave your current pair in a cab in Boston!). So going to try some varifocals as I am at the age where I need different close in and far out lenses, annoyingly. When I lost my glasses stateside, I had a pair made in 1 hour which were varifocal, but I am told not all varifocals are the same and what also didn't help, which I only realised later, was they had my lenses the wrong way around! So my distance view was lower, my close in view higher. Stupid yanks and stupid me for leaving them in a cab! My opticians does a 30 day trial or return option so decided to give them a try and if I can't get on with them I will move to 2 pairs of glasses. Gong for really lightweight titanium this time, relatively expensive but you can hardly feel them on your face.

IMG_2579.jpg

I like the look of those

Can't beat Titanium - my driving glasses are half frame titanium and you don't know you have them on. - My trouble now is lenses get thicker every eye check. - Last reading ones were frame less to see if it helps.

I like the look of those

Can't beat Titanium - my driving glasses are half frame titanium and you don't know you have them on. - My trouble now is lenses get thicker every eye check. - Last reading ones were frame less to see if it helps.
I have have family history of glaucoma on my fathers side, he has it and so did his mum, so I have to have an eye check each year. It does seem I have a slight degradation each year but it's small and I am currently in my 2014 glasses which are fine really. No sign of glaucoma yet however I am pleased to say and photos, pressues and angle tests are all good.

I have have family history of glaucoma on my fathers side, he has it and so did his mum, so I have to have an eye check each year. It does seem I have a slight degradation each year but it's small and I am currently in my 2014 glasses which are fine really. No sign of glaucoma yet however I am pleased to say and photos, pressues and angle tests are all good.

Not thought about laser surgery to fix the distance vision so you only need the readers and not horrible varis?

Pitched in my back garden last night, just to see how it goes up and down and behaves. Very, very happy with it. The garden's sheltered, but still got windy and it hardly moved. Lots of nice features. Looking forward to using it for real on an upcoming Scout trip. :D

y4mg92KxKco0XZVEL_liiMDvfu_FfhMI4H35vgAx7Qr41zaUn4Bb9PR-oGjfplepkCEWvcTnFHTGe7_mybByJekBhtMTryw8cwgkvXOBE6PiVDTDATGlzZtaKyW_zFso2zMdkKH-Q6rC8_DMkK-z9_Bn2lo1lekT0j2Z-J7q3-mfDkSaywdLZteg6qCQ7qpE6UQha6G4Da4ijbu0sxTNjsnow

Last edited:

IMG_2579.jpg

I like those - link please :)

Only deal breaker for me with glasses is a visible brand / logo.

Back
Top Bottom