Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Reported for not posting anime purchases

Got this today, does it count? :)

pewh.jpg

Sequel to the first version that I got a while ago. :p

Soldato
Well I think my winter coat is sorted... Rab Infinity Endurance down coat. 850 fill power. I can't believe how warm it is. Even with only a tshirt on I can't wear it in the house for more than a few mins.

gps3jzW.jpg
Is it waterproof tho? I've got a lighter rab one and leaks like a sieve. As I'm rarely cold it's not used too often..

Man of Honour
Is it waterproof tho? I've got a lighter rab one and leaks like a sieve. As I'm rarely cold it's not used too often..
It isn't waterproof. But it has a pertex outer (which eventually wears off) to make it water resistant to light showers and snow, although I'll beieve that when I experience it :). I think the level of waterproofing is one of the differences between this and the non Endurance model. But for any proper rain I'd assume a waterproof shell would be needed on top.

Soldato
I bought some so called Kahmiri chillies of Amazon they look identical to yours including the packaging (100g packet?), they were std red Indian chillies and hot they are too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CX37GZ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got them from Jalpur Millers on ebay. I usually buy just basic red dried chillies, but have seen a few recipes that call for Kashmiri chillies specifically so thought i'd give them a try. They apparently should be quite mild and impart a red colouring to the curry.

Try Fox's Spices Ltd on Facebook, bit old fashioned, but send them a message and they'll send you catalogue and a mail order form. But they have a good large range and reasonable prices.

Thanks for that i'll give them a look later. I keep meaning to find a local asian grocers as I bet it would be way cheaper than buying online and paying delivery.

Soldato
Well I think my winter coat is sorted... Rab Infinity Endurance down coat. 850 fill power. I can't believe how warm it is. Even with only a tshirt on I can't wear it in the house for more than a few mins.

gps3jzW.jpg

That should be fun, walking around looking like the Michelin man.

Man of Honour
Winter where?! I had one of those for when I lived in Finland and it was fine for the winter/arctic circle/etc :p. I'm still impressed by how small it packs down when in the bag.

They're significantly less bad in that regard than eg. the massive TNF duffel coat I have/is nowhere near as bulky as the massive TNF McMurdo Parka a friend had.

Yes I underestimated just how well insulated it is. I may return it as it's probably not going to ever get cold enough to use it. It's too serious for the UK :D

Soldato
It isn't waterproof. But it has a pertex outer (which eventually wears off) to make it water resistant to light showers and snow, although I'll beieve that when I experience it :). I think the level of waterproofing is one of the differences between this and the non Endurance model. But for any proper rain I'd assume a waterproof shell would be needed on top.

Are you saying the pertex fabric outer wears off on these?

Back
Top Bottom