Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
I understand it can happen, but just don’t put it face down on unknown surfaces and then the risk of it getting a scratched screen is minimal in my experience. I’d rather face that minimal risk, like I have for the last two years without an issue, than have the guaranteed negative of having a case/screen protector/etc which detracts from the phone. But each to their own.
TBH I always used to feel the same, but on my current phone, I use a tempered glass screen protector. Costs more than the plastic ones (approaching £10 iirc, rather than £1-2), but it feels like part of the phone. It's still glass you're touching, it doesn't distort the image (like the plastic ones do), and is pretty much impossible to scratch (When I got it, I actually tried scratching it with coins, keys, steel ruler etc, and nothing even touched it).

Associate
I understand it can happen, but just don’t put it face down on unknown surfaces and then the risk of it getting a scratched screen is minimal in my experience. I’d rather face that minimal risk, like I have for the last two years without an issue, than have the guaranteed negative of having a case/screen protector/etc which detracts from the phone. But each to their own.

Pretty short sited view there. Tempered glass protectors can feel and look the same as original screen but if damaged can be replaced cheaply unlike the screen. Also some people may prefer a case than just a naked phone. I do as I find phones are too thin and difficult to hold. I work with diggers/plant and am always banging, dropping, using torch and it can be in my pocket with grit/dust but because case and screen protector my phones still in good condition. Each to their own.

Soldato
Those iPhones look really nice... Shame I can't justify the cost! Maybe when they're affordable in 3 years time..

Got a lot of new stuff in the kitchen. Still a fair bit more to do (back panels, fridge adjacent to oven, top box above) but a lot is in! It's nice to have an oven after 1+year without!

lKzo0oe.jpg

Also bought an sds to open up a wall vent for Tumble dryer. The old drill + hammer was not up to the job!

4d6pFPo.jpg

Caporegime
I've always used tempered glass screen protectors since they appeared. Didn't bother with the S8 because of the curved screen and assurances from everyone that Gorilla Glass is brilliant. It's covered in scratches 6 months later. Permanently ruined.

Next phone will be flat screen and a glass protector again.

Soldato
Perhaps a little unconventional but i purchased some rather rare pokemon cards!

i333384-img800x584-1505860355zmbxtl24968.jpg

Soldato
Really? I think they are brilliant. What’s your issues with them?
I'm with Marky on this - I have an induction hob, Rangemaster or something like that, and whilst I really like how fast it heats up pans etc. I dislike the way once you remove a pan from the hob, it switches off unless you keep on replacing the pan. When I'm doing steak etc. I like to be able to adjust the heating by lifting the pan, and only flames allow for this.

A combo hob would be my ideal - induction and gas.

Soldato
Good job done there - shame about gas hob - not as neat as an Induction.

Those 4kg drills are good even if a bit heavy after 5 min.

I prefer gas however I've never had a good induction. The cable is already trenched in so I imagine that 4mm cable isn't good enough to fit induction? Tbh I'm unlikely to change it anyways.

Yes it makes me appreciate the small battery ones for daily tasks! Tbh I've even use that for drilling 10mmby460 holes thru twin skins of wall

Permabanned
...and if you get a big scratch across the screen?
It is amazing what can happen.

Things can happen sure... if you live your life like that though, worrying over every rare possibility, you can never enjoy the finer things.

I’ve owned mostly iPhones and some other smart phones over the last 10 years and it hasn’t happened to me yet.

Exactly

I have tried living with screen protectors and cases... none of them lasted more than a few days.

The only exception being the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge which needed a case to function thanks to its design/software flaws.

This. Induction hobs are awful.
Really? I think they are brilliant. What’s your issues with them?

Old / cheap induction jobs are terrible.

Decent ones are almost as good as gas now.

They’re a pain in the backside to clean though... you have to clean them after every single use.

Gas is still better though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom