Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Bought and installed LED bulbs for the rear indicators on my Leon FR over the weekend. For some reason SEAT decided to use normal bulbs even though almost every other light front and back is LED.

eAq8Ov8l.jpg

Also bought a very funny book:

olg9yu5l.jpg

Then a new CD arrived today:

zQcv3iEl.jpg

Suspended
Actually standard bulbs in indicators makes sense. LED's can take a slight amount of time to warm up and thus the flasher can sometimes fail to work as it's normally activated by heat causing a break in the circuit.

Soldato
It's a modern car though, it's all electronically controlled. The front and side repeater indicators are LED as standard so it's clearly just SEAT being a bit too thrifty.

Caporegime
Actually standard bulbs in indicators makes sense. LED's can take a slight amount of time to warm up and thus the flasher can sometimes fail to work as it's normally activated by heat causing a break in the circuit.

never seen anything other than the two power wires anywhere near the indicator bulbs that could be some kind of bimetal switch or any other heat sensitive object.

but they might blink to fast now and need to you swap out the relay (or wire in resistors)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Most decent brand LED automotive bulbs have circuitry built in to prevent any issues whatsoever. They also don't need time to warm up. Xenon headlight bulbs need time to warm up.

If they were inferior bulbs that weren't up to the task, then any VAG car from the last 15 years or so would flag up a faulty bulb on the instrument panel. Hence why decent ones come with built in circuitry to stop that happening.

They are 99% of the time Cree LED emitters anyway, which are renowned for being all round excellent and have millions of hours of emitting life.

Soldato
1599 with 6 year warranty. Richer sounds

Having had it for a few days the TV is breathtaking at times.
Comming from a plasma the blacks are still pretty good.

It really out preforms its price tag. The colour this TV can produce is Soo good.

The remote control is amazing and the most comfortable remote I have used.

Not had the chance to watch proper 4K blurays yet. Just YouTube and Netflix. Spent 2 days trying to find an Xbox s in stock but no luck.

Backlight bleed is noticeable but you soon forget about it and get dazzled by the picture.

Yes I would love an OLED but for me the tech is just not mature enough.

Hnng very nice. I was looking in a similar ballpark (once I've got a house etc sorted so probably early next year... I will have to get priorities straight :O )

If you're after an xbox one S , the 500gb model is £250 RRP and out 22nd September. There's some codes to get it cheaper at tesco in the xbox one thread in consoles and gaming. You can plug an external hard drive in (cheaper than increasing internal size)

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
An important purchase was made.

2yla4b9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom