Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
I am now in this predicament. I have always hated having it above the fireplace but my new apartment dictates it so.

This is the only reason I can fathom why people would put it there! Because they HAVE to! :p

Yeah, this.

It's the only place I could put it in that room without it being opposite the huge window. The fire place is (clearly) electric and never used anyway. Also if I was going to mount on any other wall, it'd be positioned that high up anyway? It's not any sort of strain looking at it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah, this.

It's the only place I could put it in that room without it being opposite the huge window. The fire place is (clearly) electric and never used. Also if I was going to mount on any other wall, it'd be positioned that high up anyway? It's not any sort of strain looking at it.

In my last place I deliberately blocked it off and mounted the TV to the chimney but at a reasonable height.

My Dad owned that place though, and I could do whatever I liked with it :D - this one we're renting. They don't mind holes in the wall but I suspect taking a sledge hammer to the chimney or plastering it over may breach our contract somewhat :p

My Dads GF actually likes a TV over the fireplace. He's in a huge house with a ridiculously sized living room which is crying out for a projector, and she goes and slaps the TV in the corner, over a fireplace.

Off with her head if you ask me!

Soldato
One of the good things about going on a chimney breast, it's really easy to route cables :p

Nice placement of the sub-woofer, what have you got those Z-5500 hooked up to, media PC or something else?

Z-5500 is plugged into the TV via optical cable so it's used to for PS4 and watching movies etc. I've had it for about 5 years and never felt the need to get a new system even though it probably offends a lot of audiophiles - sounds great to me :D

And yeah, it was very convenient that the sub fits snuggly on the shelving unit. Just needed to drill a hole in the side so the sub port wasn't blocked.

Man of Honour
I had to put a TV above my fireplace in the last house. The world did not end and it was very easy to do it well. I do prefer having it at the right height now I've moved though.

Associate
Overly strong opinion was overly strong...

however, I walk past a house on the way home from work and every day there is a child on the rug in front of the fireplace with their head at 45 degrees while their parents are flat out on the sofas... Poor child will end up with a crook neck! This house in particular has a raised fireplace also and if you want to look at the TV directly, you'd have to be standing up!

Soldato
Granite chippings, 875Kg. For landscaping.

GravelChipsSml.jpg

Andi.

Soldato
Overly strong opinion was overly strong...

however, I walk past a house on the way home from work and every day there is a child on the rug in front of the fireplace with their head at 45 degrees while their parents are flat out on the sofas... Poor child will end up with a crook neck! This house in particular has a raised fireplace also and if you want to look at the TV directly, you'd have to be standing up!

When sat in front of it looking directly forward my eyes land about a third of the way up the tv. Maybe the picture makes it seem higher but honestly, you don't have to move your neck or strain your eyes.

I was contemplating plastering over the fireplace so I could lower it but the cost and time involved hardly seems worth it when I'd be lowering it by a foot max.

Anyway, this thread needs more OLED.
hSUnMbDl.jpg
2bqSM7Ll.jpg
sR6zeqHl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Dat OLED!

kW6aYVZl.jpg
6aWn153l.jpg

Awesome tv mate, looking to get one myself when funds are available. IMO the tv looks great where it is. I do not see why it bothers people so much, i have mine above the fire place and i do not get neck ache looking at it and i am still alive. Personally i think they look much better on the wall than sat in a corner, but each to their own i guess lol

Associate
Must be new TV month or something......

No OLED for me, although I did look at them I needed a new stereo as well.....

Panasonic 50DX750B and Naim Mu-so. Panny was a refurb and is immaculate and perfect in both looks and function. The Naim sounds amazing for such a thing. Stereo separation isn't as good as you'd get with speakers/amp combo but it sounds better than anything I'd demo'd previously in a similar price bracket. It also works extremely well as a sound bar.

TV look weirdly small in the flat though, I'm now thinking 65" would've been the way forward, although picture quality would've taken a massive hit unless I'd been willing to spend twice as much!

Back
Top Bottom