Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
Nisi 4 Stop Reverse ND Grad filter

JLE91153.jpg

New shoes from Vivobarefoot for when I am climbing over rocks down at the beach

JLE91155.jpg

Monitor arm

JLE91158.jpg

And monitor arm fitted

JLE91160-HDR.jpg

Yes, I know I need a mouse :p - that and a much better KB coming soon.

Soldato
Nisi 4 Stop Reverse ND Grad filter

New shoes from Vivobarefoot for when I am climbing over rocks down at the beach

Monitor arm

And monitor arm fitted

Yes, I know I need a mouse :p - that and a much better KB coming soon.

Firstly, what is the ND Grad Filter thing for? Looks like a cool business card :p

Secondly, weird question... How deep is that desk? I really love the setup - I currently have a small Micke desk from IKEA, but it's not deep enough for my usage :(

Caporegime
It's crazy money!

Fortunately Dell had 15% off so we saved about £500 on three machines, and we
upgraded the memory/SSD ourselves which saved a few hundred too :).

I paid £1400 with 2 years on site support from the outlet (open box) for my 9560 in May 16, same laptop in terms of keyboard/case just 7th Gen Intel (7700HQ, 512GB, 16GB RAM, 4k touch screen). They are comparable in terms of performance to a MacBook Pro and a load cheaper.

Caporegime
Firstly, what is the ND Grad Filter thing for? Looks like a cool business card :p

Secondly, weird question... How deep is that desk? I really love the setup - I currently have a small Micke desk from IKEA, but it's not deep enough for my usage :(

Haha, that ND Grad Filter thing is called a "Reverse Graduated Neutrel Density Filter" - so rather than the traditional light in the middle then getting darker toward the top edge. it is as its darkest in the middle and gets lighter toward the top edge. Its a filter to be specifically used when you have the sun at the horizon level or close to it. To counter balance the stronger light in that area :)

The desk is 70cm deep & 180cm long, it also weighs 80kg...its absolutely solid and I love it! To answer your inevitable next question its this one - https://www.conforama.pt/secretaria-schema - who seemingly only have stores in Spain & PT so I am not sure if it will do you any good. However, I might be wrong, you would need to google around. :)

I am very very pleased with how the setup is coming together. I've just ordered a keyboard and will be ordering a mouse on Payday. Logitech MX Master 2S & K780 keyboard to compliment. Apart from some backlighting for the desk and monitor it'll be about done then! :)

Finally, I am beyond chuffed with the monitor arm. An excellent product, professional presentation, great build quallity, awesome cable management built into it. Totally recommend the brand :)

Soldato
Haha, that ND Grad Filter thing is called a "Reverse Graduated Neutrel Density Filter" - so rather than the traditional light in the middle then getting darker toward the top edge. it is as its darkest in the middle and gets lighter toward the top edge. Its a filter to be specifically used when you have the sun at the horizon level or close to it. To counter balance the stronger light in that area :)

The desk is 70cm deep & 180cm long, it also weighs 80kg...its absolutely solid and I love it! To answer your inevitable next question its this one - https://www.conforama.pt/secretaria-schema - who seemingly only have stores in Spain & PT so I am not sure if it will do you any good. However, I might be wrong, you would need to google around. :)

I am very very pleased with how the setup is coming together. I've just ordered a keyboard and will be ordering a mouse on Payday. Logitech MX Master 2S & K780 keyboard to compliment. Apart from some backlighting for the desk and monitor it'll be about done then! :)

Finally, I am beyond chuffed with the monitor arm. An excellent product, professional presentation, great build quallity, awesome cable management built into it. Totally recommend the brand :)

Very interesting stuff regarding the filter!

Thanks for the desk info - I did wonder if it was 70cm deep, that seems to be pretty standard these days. The Micke Desk I use is 50cm deep, and although 20cm isn't that much of a difference, you'd really notice it! I think I'm going to get a nice bit of wood and have it cut to the right size and use some old IKEA desk legs to prop it up to the wall :D

Caporegime
Thanks for the desk info - I did wonder if it was 70cm deep, that seems to be pretty standard these days. The Micke Desk I use is 50cm deep, and although 20cm isn't that much of a difference, you'd really notice it! I think I'm going to get a nice bit of wood and have it cut to the right size and use some old IKEA desk legs to prop it up to the wall :D

The OcUK standard then :D - Sounds good, the depth is great. Not too big and with the monitor on the arm you still have plenty of space. Go for it!

Soldato
I just got a new work laptop too. Not as pretty as a Mac but still pretty. Dell XPS 15 9570, i7 8750H, 32GB memory, 1050ti :D.

I've got the older version of this early last year - the 9560. It's a great machine to last me a good 3-4-5 years. Got it for 1500 but with loads of upgrades on it; thanks to corporate discount and Dell sales and offers.

Associate
Paid more than double face value but very excited about seeing these guys again. They were a very pleasant surprise when we saw them supporting Thomas Rhett last year and I promised my wife that if the opportunity ever came up again to see them then I'd do it.

bbQpUoq.jpg

Soldato
DOS Project. I've got a 386 and I'm currently playing through the Secret of Monkey Island but I want something faster for later games but still pure DOS. I "just" need a motherboard now. The one I had lined up is dead :(
I've actually got a Pentium mobo at my mum's... Never did a build with it as I moved on but I was led to believe it worked about 15 years ago! Think it's a 200/233. Even has USB ports :cool:

Could probably send it your way if you're interested?

Man of Honour
Photo of the case, not to everyone's taste, and tbh, I prefer a darker brown but they don't do it. It'll do, plus it covers up the Apple logo :p

I think its is fake leather even though the description says real. It is soft and the vents in the right places with plastic surrounds.
As I found when I was looking for a new wallet a lot of places market plether as authentic/real imitation leather, it's not flipping leather then is it!? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom