Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Why has it got a tax disc holder?

7a26798715df413a244ab9fb9ebc9292.jpg

Can't pick it up yet though sadly.

I bought a few Sonicare 6100 as gifts recently, want to get one myself now. I have an Oral B and the charge is rubbish, the 6100 last's age's on a full charge.

I had a sonicare, one of the pretty expensive ones (usb charging case etc) and it gave up just after warranty. Even removed the battery to check if it was that.

Bought a cheaper Oral B to replace it.

I had a sonicare, one of the pretty expensive ones (usb charging case etc) and it gave up just after warranty. Even removed the battery to check if it was that.

I have the same one and the tip went wobbly just over 2 years later. Not sure the one I bought to replace it will last much better as the build quality feels worse...

I have the same one and the tip went wobbly just over 2 years later. Not sure the one I bought to replace it will last much better as the build quality feels worse...

Yeah went to replace like with like and price is up to something crazy like £200.

The Oral B is just as good IMO. Espically if they pack up every few years. :/

Will consider doing the same. I do like the USB charging though and I don't see any alternatives that have this... Philips really should put more effort into longevity considering not least the cost, but the environment too.

2 10TB HDD with a free enclosure :D crazy that it's so much cheaper to buy one of these than standalone HDDs.

The My Book 10TB is even cheaper but wasn't in stock and has only 2 years warranty instead of 3... Also the duo is built to have the disks easily removed, rather than needing to be shucked.

Last edited:
Philips Sonicare 6100 to replace my Oral-B brush that decided it didn't want to charge anymore
Eye cream
D3

JpHjHvf.jpg.png

Good eye cream, use it myself.

I went the other way, Sonicare to latest greatest Oral B with the camera thingy and blue tooth thingy and....I just brush with it.

2 10TB HDD with a free enclosure :D crazy that it's so much cheaper to buy one of these than standalone HDDs.

The My Book 10TB is even cheaper but wasn't in stock and has only 2 years warranty instead of 3... Also the duo is built to have the disks easily removed, rather than needing to be shucked.
The My Book single is cheaper per TB because it doesn't use Reds (in fact they aren't even guaranteed to use WD drives just "WD quality drives", some have come with Barracudas lol). The reason manufacturers often sell enclosures plus drive for less than the retail price of the drives is because it means they can dictate (roughly) the conditions in which a drive is operated which means they can (theoretically) reduce the chance of a failure inside the warranty period.

I.E The MB Duo being a USB-3 enclosure is unlikely to be running 24/7 and can power down when not in use so the drives will have an easier life than ones running 24/7 in an 8 bay NAS. There's also the factor that the drives themselves have no warranty as that is tied to the enclosure and (I know this isn't the case in the MB Duo but it's an anomaly) users normally have to break internal/external seals to remove them thus voiding their warranty completely and removing any threat of a warranty claim on a drive.

It's all calculated, just like car insurance.

Back
Top Bottom