Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You're gonna need a 2.5GbE router/switch and network cards for 1800Mbps, and they don't come cheap!

ah3IkV1.jpg

Memory foam velour earpads arrived today. Only £20 but considerably nicer quality than the pads that come with the heapdhones. This raises questions considering the stock pads are the same ones that are put on £1000 headphones too.... Why some companies skimp corners on expensive stuff is a mystery.

Associate
Plastic box (they call it a horizontal shed:) ). Assembled it today in the sunshine and that wasn't the easiest of jobs. Roof lifts up on gas struts and doors open wide giving good access. I moved a lot of stuff out of the garage into it and in particular I wanted to get flammable stuff out of there (gas cylinders, petrol can etc.,). It required a decent flat and level base to sit on which the Indian sandstone paving definitely was not - partly because it's sloped to provide drainage, so I laid 6 2ftx2ft on top of the paving. No, that car in the background is not mine :)

Soldato
You're gonna need a 2.5GbE router/switch and network cards for 1800Mbps, and they don't come cheap!

ah3IkV1.jpg

Memory foam velour earpads arrived today. Only £20 but considerably nicer quality than the pads that come with the heapdhones. This raises questions considering the stock pads are the same ones that are put on £1000 headphones too.... Why some companies skimp corners on expensive stuff is a mystery.

Well, it's their chosen pads for designing sound around. If you change the pads like that, you change the sound (and quite dramatically given the difference mere stock pad replacements can do after heavy usage).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah material acoustics is a real thing.

The sound is better than the stock pads, so yes the change is for the better. The Ananda Nano pads are the exact same pads HiFiMan put in their £1000 headphones, so whether that means the pads are crap for high end headphones or they're really good for the mid-fi level models is up in the air, the actual material quality of them isn't anywhere as good as these sub £20 memory foam velour pads, neither is comfort lol.

These planars now sound more like the HD650 Sennheiser in the mids and high, whilst retaining all of the qualities of the low end and detail/soundstage. For less than £20 it's a total win, but these types of pads should have been what the Ananda Nano came with out of the factory given how much the headphones cost. Its a simple case of a brand using parts bin components to save a buck here and there, it happens in all all indurties. Lambos with Ford/Fiat indicators stalks or light lenses or other instrument buttons for example to this very day etc.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The Ananda and Ananda Nano are not the same headphones. And I mean as in treble brightness, I can only relay what I am hearing. The Ananda Nano with these memory foam velour pads is close enough to the HD650's mids/highs sharpness/brightness is what I am hearing, but with all the open/airy nature that makes the Nano so good still being there too. best of both worlds now.

Soldato
Broadband-speed.png

Been a long battle but I finally got gigabit fibre after BT telling me it wasn't possible for two years, I ended up writing an email to the CEO of Openreach and they we're amazing, got the executive team to look after my case, BT tried to once again say it wasn't possible, Openreach basically said your getting it no matter what, they ended up upgrading my fibre modem and rerouting my line though a different exchange that had newer hardware and bingo!

What were the reasons you were being told you could not get it? Was this the same for all the houses around you?

I am desperate to get away from VM, but our exchange only offers speeds around 38mbps down on Openreach. No idea why they haven't upgraded around here (but suspect it is because we have no poles - all cabling is buried).

Back
Top Bottom