Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Bought one of these...

2lvXsoH.jpeg

I did try a kindle for a while, didn't really get on with it. Prefer an actual physical book.

Add to that you can buy second hand books on eBay for a few quid compared to the crazy prices Amazon want on kindle, it's a no brainer.
780 books in my kindle account, don't think I've ever paid more than £1.99 for one, usually 99p via daily or monthly deals, kindle is a clear winner for me, can't imagine having the space to store that many physical books, having a self lit book that I can adjust the font on wins every time. The only thing I want to see added is a clicky page turner that I can hold instead of having to touch the kindle to turn pages, would be perfection then :)

Last edited:
780 books in my kindle account, don't think I've ever paid more than £1.99 for one, usually 99p via daily or monthly deals, kindle is a clear winner for me, can't imagine having the space to store that many physical books, having a self lit book that I can adjust the font on wins every time. The only thing I want to see added is a clicky page turner that I can hold instead of having to touch the kindle to turn pages, would be perfection then :)

My wife has this which was a revelation, especially when sunbathing. This combined with one of those long extender clip holder things so she doesn't need to hold the book is a dream combination, although i agree something built in would be better.

Last edited:

My friend got one of those just so she doesn't have to take her hands out the covers when she reads in bed.

It's tricky as you don't get that immediate dopamine hit. I probably took a step back and realised a few weeks down the line. The rain helped lift the crud and wash it away so at least a few rainy days required to!
I found that pressure washing didn't remove the ingrained mould / algae, only the dirt and moss. So hopefully this will eventually help the old bit look more like the new :)

My wife has this which was a revelation, especially when sunbathing. This combined with one of those long extender clip holder things so she doesn't need to hold the book is a dream combination, although i agree something built in would be better.
I found that pressure washing didn't remove the ingrained mould / algae, only the dirt and moss. So hopefully this will eventually help the old bit look more like the new :)
:eek: I honestly didn't realise they existed :eek:

Well darn, I know what my next purchase is going to be :D

Kindle is certainly the way to go if you want to save space.
Kindle ftw. I don't pay much for my books. Having moved countries a few tines, it's great to not have tonnes of books to move around. I also like to travel light so having a library of books on one little device is a huge win.

That said, I'll never get rid of my CD and vinyl collection. I don't have the same emotional attachment to books as I do to music!

Kindle ftw. I don't pay much for my books. Having moved countries a few tines, it's great to not have tonnes of books to move around. I also like to travel light so having a library of books on one little device is a huge win.

That said, I'll never get rid of my CD and vinyl collection. I don't have the same emotional attachment to books as I do to music!

Getting rid of my CD collection was one of the toughest things i've ever done ahead of relocating. There was a lot of crap, but i do wish i'd kept a select few rather than get rid of them all :(

Getting rid of my CD collection was one of the toughest things i've ever done ahead of relocating. There was a lot of crap, but i do wish i'd kept a select few rather than get rid of them all :(
I'll never get rid of my CD/DVD/Blu-ray collection. There are so many things that just are not on streaming services (mainly talking about DVDs and Blu-rays here).

Back
Top Bottom