Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the vote of confidence :) - I've booked a queen size bed!

Location is the main thing, its just 2 blocks from Central park, walking distance from 5th avenue etc...and obviously being located in Times Square its right in the heart of things. Planning on doing lots of walking and seeing lots of things.

Absolutely BUZZING for it :D

That was my reasoning for picking it funnily enough.
Also easy walk to the major museums if that's your kinda thing. If it is then it's worth looking at the city pass as you get access to all the touristy things and get to jump lines!!

Yep! Also fortunately I work with a lot of Americans so I've had lots of recommendations on things to do, and been speaking with someone in our New York office who has given me some brilliant websites to finding things like live music for the evenings (which we'll both enjoy) and whats good value for money and whats a rip off etc. Best bit...is she doesn't know, all she knows is that she needs her passport.

Have you been Jez? :)

Yep i have but never on personal recommendations like that, if you have anything which you feel would be worthy of passing on please do so. We are overdue a NY trip :)

Extremely boring: Life insurance premium
2e0l7qs.png

If I die though, the wife becomes a millionaire

This is the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161018070363?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

If there is a sonic difference then it's very hard to tell. I played FLAC music to compare side by side both through headphones and speakers to compare.

I don't need new buds though, got Vsonic GR07 MKII already :p Those Noontec ones were sent for review!

I've opened mine up to see what bluetooth/audio chip is inside:
20130724_191526_HDR.jpg

This is the A2DP/EDR chp in question, for electronics buffs: http://www.szriley.com/DownLoadFile/OVC3860.pdf

Just checked to confirm and the charging LED turns on when plugged in and bluetooth connected to a phone so yes it seems so :) A friend uses one of these (a slimmer model) in his Focus ST, I wondered how he was playing music from his phone since his car doesn't have Bluetooth... Opened the glovebox and there it was :D His is also very good quality.

I'd be wary of others on eBay though, some are revision 1, you only know this by opening it up and looking at the rev number on the PCB. Mine is Rev 2.0. I think Rev 1 had issues like random clicking when using short pause audio (satnav) and distance issues. I checked out the distance on mine and was able to play music at a distance of 10 metres through 1.5 walls.

Thanks for the info Mark, really useful :)

I have been having an annoyance with the BT v1 A2DP that i was using here in the house, the clicking between tracks was driving me mad, so much so that i stopped using it.

Ordered the one you link to and it got delivered today, fantastic sound quality, its much improved over the one i was using previously, this new one has no clicks and crackles between playing tracks, so its solved my annoyance and now happily playing crystal clear sound over BT to my big speaker setup :)

Thanks for the info Mark, really useful :)

I have been having an annoyance with the BT v1 A2DP that i was using here in the house, the clicking between tracks was driving me mad, so much so that i stopped using it.

Ordered the one you link to and it got delivered today, fantastic sound quality, its much improved over the one i was using previously, this new one has no clicks and crackles between playing tracks, so its solved my annoyance and now happily playing crystal clear sound over BT to my big speaker setup :)

+1 Cheers mrk, ordered.

No problem :) Bobcat glad to see it working well for you!

-

I picked this Hirsch Carbon leather strap up on the way home this afternoon:

hirsch_carbon_3.jpg

hirsch_carbon_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom