Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I have the DT770, they're pretty different from the Senns/Philips because they're closed back. You get better sound isolation and they don't leak much noise, but they don't sound as natural for music.

Man of Honour
OP
Now I want new headphones..

I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....

Damn you mrk :p

Easy, don't buy any. :p

Caporegime
Easy, don't buy any. :p

I certainly don't need any. I have what is considered to be one of the best open back headphones ever made. A pair of one of the best closed headphones on the market today. A pair of most used headphones used in recording studios all around the world. A pair of headphones that most DJ's would use. And I don't remember the last time I used any of them !

But I just want more lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I certainly don't need any. I have what is considered to be one of the best open back headphones ever made. A pair of one of the best closed headphones on the market. A pair of most used headphones used in recording studios all around the world. A pair of headphones that most DJ's would use.

But I just want more lol

It's so easy to get carried away and get a pointless upgrade. Which closed and recording studio headphones do you have?

Caporegime
It's so easy to get carried away and get a pointless upgrade. Which closed and recording studio headphones do you have?

The Sony MDR-7506 (sometimes known as MDR-V6). Recording studios like them because they are flat in the response and very accurate. They are closed. They are also very well priced at around £50.

Not to mention it comes with a really long lead that is like an old school telephone handset lead, for stretching purposes.

If you google image search it, you'll see Dave Grohl wearing one in a studio, and some other randoms. It also appeared in Pitch Perfect (and other movies that I can't recall). Next time you watch behind the scene videos of a recording studio, look out for them! They can be easily spotted because just above the ear cups have a blue (for Left), and red (for right) detail.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought and paid for a Pocket Tripod on Kickstarter months ago, arrived today

11672885486_e15eff8920_c.jpg

Caporegime
Good man, i used to use Sony cans for DJing and gave up on them for the reason they always fall to bits, no matter what the quality, sens are so robust.

Just waiting for the HD650 Reference Headphone to drop a bit in price, they have crept up a bat last few months :(

I have the HD600, unused. As I also have the HD580, they share the same driver so I used that the most. I do however need to get a new lead and a new ear cups as they have worn beyond recognition.

The other pair I have is Senn Momentum.

I also have some ety in ear phones. And some Goldring sound cancellation purely for flying. Soundmagic in ear for commuting.

I used my speakers the most though, you just can't beat sofa shaking bass :D

Soldato
Loads of post Christmas treats!

Vinyl world map (now need to add mini-photos!)

300hgnK.jpg
jKsXSoa.jpg

Mock Chinese dynasty vase

1ZOypk4.jpg
9IKLpFt.jpg

New watch strap - feels like a brand new watch again!

EFO0Xvc.jpg
7ZvEF10.jpg

Ted Baker tri-fold wallet

sDTTt5O.jpg
zZ9HaGZ.jpg

Barbour gloves

I2cMOUj.jpg

Bench glasses

LMNEgMX.jpg
fty0Q4m.jpg

Wooden stag wall thing

IYEbHBM.jpg

Much prefer buying stuff for ourselves :p

Man of Honour
OP
Beyerdynamic T1's for you Cosimo. ;) :cool:

Nice and such temptation. :p I've got some Kenwood HS-5 headphones for my radio gear and some fancy Denon noise cancelling phones. Those Sony MDR-7506 headphones look to be the perfect replacement for my old Kenwoods. The temptation won't be resisted for much longer. Wait, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s look good as well. :D

Caporegime
The Sony 7506 is the biggest secret that never was for audiophile. I guess they are not seen as that desirable because they are cheap (so are often dismissed as being average). They are made by Sony as opposed to Grado Sennheiser or Stax so it is not as exotic as some.

However, they offer enormous bang for buck value and I think everyone should at least give them a listen before spending over £100 on other headphones and judge for yourself how much better these other £100+ headphones are. Use them as a benchmark, I mean all the studios in the planet does for their recording so I would say that itself is good enough benchmark for it be used to reference it against others.

For £50, you really don't have any reason not to. I really can't see any other better headphones out there for £50.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom