Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That's a really nice looking sv650, the older models look awful compared with that! How much?

£4000 with 134 miles on the clock. Basically brand new but I'm the 2nd owner, so the original owner took the initial drop in price. 13 plate :) Although I did add on extras which were about a grand :/ Hugger, Restrictor kit(£300 -.-) Alarm (also £300) tank pad, fender extender.

Lower fairings and crash bungs were on already and would cost about £600 normally..

Soldato
Mmmmmm

goproheroblackplus.jpg

Associate
Seriously, what is this wizardry?

It's the Sansaire sous vide cooker. It's a kickstarter project that quite a few of us on here backed. The idea is that you cook food at a low temperature, vacuum sealed in a bag.

So, yes, it's just a fancy boil-in-a-bag. :p

The cookers are finally shipping and we are excited to start experimenting. There is a thread in la cuisine ->

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18532707

Caporegime
why not just get a filter coffee maker machine, or is the above different?

seems a lot of faffing about for a cup of coffee.

1. It's quicker, taking the time it takes to boil a mug's worth of water plus 30 seconds stirring and plunging. It can make four espressos in one batch. It's really not a faff if you know how easy it is to make coffee using this thing.
2. You can make espressos, lattes, mochas etc. with it, unlike a filter machine.
3. Some people prefer Americanos to filter coffee.
4. A £28 filter machine is likely to be a poor one.

Are the main reasons.

Soldato
1. It's quicker. It's really not a faff if you know how easy it is to make coffee using this thing.
2. You can make espressos, lattes, mochas etc. with it, unlike a filter machine.
3. Some people prefer Americanos to filter coffee.
4. A £28 filter machine is likely to be a poor one.

Are the main reasons.

see your point, but how many coffees does it make in one go?

or can you get a few cups out of it.

Isn't an Americano just a regular coffee? forgive my ignorance I'm not a big coffee drinker but I have had an Americano and filter coffee and they taste the same to me,lol

Caporegime
see your point, but how many coffees does it make in one go?

or can you get a few cups out of it.

Isn't an Americano just a regular coffee? forgive my ignorance I'm not a big coffee drinker but I have had an Americano and filter coffee and they taste the same to me,lol

An Americano is just when you add a concentrated 'shot' of coffee (espresso) to water, or vice versa. It makes four espressos in one batch, but you can put through batches back to back if you want by boiling a whole kettle and plunging it straight back through fresh coffee (once you've removed the puck from the previous batch).

But basically four mug-sized Americanos can be made in one batch by adding more hot water to the output.

Filter and Americano coffee certainly tastes different to most mouths; it's a matter of preference and if you can't tell the difference or aren't bothered, then I'd still go for an AeroPress as it's quicker than filter coffee. But this makes very pure smooth coffee, much better to my tastes than a cheap filter coffee.

It's also quite fun experimenting with the various AeroPress 'recipes'. Being a manual process you can change loads of things about the method, whereas with a filter machine, you press the button and wait for the green light. Which is great, don't get me wrong, as it's fire and forget and it keeps the coffee warm on a hot plate. Great for a lazy Sunday morning when you have family or friends round and want coffee constantly available and hot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom