Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I know someone that owns a very nice place in Mellieħa, and have spent a few times out there. Lovely country with superb weather.

St Julians is a proper **** hole haha. A sedate country and suddenly you've got a small cluster of mayhem. Still, not bad for a few drinks!

What's Malta like to actually live in? Are the people friendly to Western Europeans? Seems like a difficult place to get employment?

Mellieha is one of the more 'upper class' places to live in. A lot of large houses with pools and stuff. Sadly, I don't live close :D:p

St. Julians is nice, if you don't like close to paceville. My friend lives in a very nice house/area, some 15/20 minutes walk away from paceville/Sliema (lots of shops) and its great.

It depends where you go tbf. The south is a rougher area compared to the middle/north. Foreigners say we are generally very friendly, although I don't always agree with that :p I would say that generally, we have a very Mediterranean approach. Very outgoing, bubbly, etc.

Regarding employment, it depends where you want to work. Its quite easy to find an employment in IT. I think accounting is quite easy too. I think we have a relatively low rate of unemployment in comparison to the rest of Europe.

Man of Honour
Another one for her:

hfbb.jpg

Associate
Woosh. That's how I read it too (how else could you read it really), but I was referring to the part where maccapacca called all Maltese thieving scum and then a user with the forum ID 'Malteser' sought clarification.

Whoops!

That bit went straight over my head!

No offence meant, Mr The_Malteser.

Mental note: must look at forum usernames to reveal full story...

Associate
They've been very hard to find too. As a last resort I called up my local independent camera shop and they had three in stock!

That's the last of my Nikon gear gone though..bye bye D800 on Saturday..The Fuji equipment has been a revelation for me, and the X-T1 just completes everything. Splendid.

Associate
Revelation? What way?

The EVF is really fantastic - it's got a larger viewfinder than the D800 but also has a number of alternative views to help with manual focussing. A 'split view' shows a separate zoomed in image of the focus area to help. That's lovely.

The wi-fi tethering via an app is awesome. I can control all the main functions of the camera as well as instant touch screen focussing too. It feels very mature, but the only thing is missing the bulb feature as you can only go up to 30 secs exposure length (No good if you're stacking a 10 stop ND).

For me though, it's been a real revelation due to its small size and overall usability. As i'm a wheelchair user I now have superb flexibility in shooting styles. DSLR's have clunky live view, but mirrorless cameras obviously don't have those limitations, so now I'm genuinely able to get low (or high) without 'guessing'. A lovely tilting screen helps, as do the retro manual dials on top. TO complete it, I no longer have to lug a robust tripod around (if required for long exposures) as the X-T1 is so light - light enough that I can carry that, another lens and my X100S and still be lighter than the D800.

Finally, I've been using an X-Pro1 for six months which has been fun, but I've been seriously impressed with the Fuji glass. All metal, small and light with (pretty much universal) praise. My favourite lens on my D3 (and D800) was the mighty 14-24mm f.2.8, but that alone weighed over a kilo. The 14mm Fuji lens is magnificent - I'm really impressed with the whole package.

Last edited:
Soldato
New grey suit, shoes, shirt and tie. It's for my wedding.

From Savoy Taylors Guild, Bicester Village

*snip*

Very nice :)

Bicester Village is up the road from me. I've been a few times but more for a quick browse than to actually buy anything.

Despite being an Outlet I imagine it was still ££££ if you don't mind me asking?

Ctek charger/conditioner

LKBzLzY.png

Associate
Very nice :)

Bicester Village is up the road from me. I've been a few times but more for a quick browse than to actually buy anything.

Despite being an Outlet I imagine it was still ££££ if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind at all, £350, hell of a lot less than expected, would have been near £700 if it wasn't from the outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom