Insurgency Sandstorm - Unreal Engine 4

Associate
Not had any issues getting into a decent sized co-op game, usually have a couple of games in the morning and players used to be around 600-800, since the update now showing around 1200-1800

Soldato
Only 2 pages on this game since release - Are player numbers low?

Was thinking of picking this up but won't if it's dead?

Pick it up. Fantastic game and the latest update 1.2 added a new map and hardcore mode which I’m loving. New map and updates testing on the test server 1.3 over the next few days. It’s a map from the original game which was a favourite. One of the most underrated games out there imo.

Associate
Well I got it. Just had a quick go, gameplay is good but my god it runs like crap.

i7 2600k at 4.8GHz (dated now I know but still holds it's own) and an overclocked GTX 1070 and it's not even smooth on medium and even on ultra, looks rubbish. Yet I can run BFV maxed out silky smooth at near enough 100fps with no issues....

Had I not got it on CDKeys I'd be going for a refund - What a shame!

Soldato
Well I got it. Just had a quick go, gameplay is good but my god it runs like crap.

i7 2600k at 4.8GHz (dated now I know but still holds it's own) and an overclocked GTX 1070 and it's not even smooth on medium and even on ultra, looks rubbish. Yet I can run BFV maxed out silky smooth at near enough 100fps with no issues....

Had I not got it on CDKeys I'd be going for a refund - What a shame!

try this fix courtesy of ocuk'er conscript..
https://www.reddit.com/r/insurgency/comments/bnm8ey/turning_off_fullscreen_optimization_really/

Associate
Runs fine for me, I have my fps locked to 60fps in the nvidia settings and can play at 1440p at a constant 60fps, looks good to me as well and plays amazing

Soldato
Pick it up. Fantastic game and the latest update 1.2 added a new map and hardcore mode which I’m loving. New map and updates testing on the test server 1.3 over the next few days. It’s a map from the original game which was a favourite. One of the most underrated games out there imo.

Were you playing last night? I played for a couple of hours, and I'm sure I remember seeing your name (or similar) on the scoreboard.
It was only for a couple of rounds though, as I was using the "find match", rather than playing a specific server, so I got bounced around a few groups of players.

Or perhaps I just recognise your name from this thread O_o. But anyway, if you see a 'DaiaBu' in game, give us a wave :D

Soldato
that's the mode i'm currently playing on the original insurgency so sadly no reason for me to change. shame as i really like the games, i'm just not interested in 'kill perks' etc. that said i'll probably grab it again when it falls to sub 10 quid.

The gunships are nothing like COD perks. You have a commander and observer class they both have to be on a team and work together to call in an airstrike.

Soldato
Were you playing last night? I played for a couple of hours, and I'm sure I remember seeing your name (or similar) on the scoreboard.
It was only for a couple of rounds though, as I was using the "find match", rather than playing a specific server, so I got bounced around a few groups of players.

Or perhaps I just recognise your name from this thread O_o. But anyway, if you see a 'DaiaBu' in game, give us a wave :D

Yes I was. I was also playing for a couple of hours and use the same username. What username do you go by?
I pretty much always just use “find match”. If there was one thing I’d like to see at this point it would be a better server browser. Even something like BF3 would be fantastic. Atm it’s random which map you get and I’d like to play the new map more and hardcore more.

The gunships are nothing like COD perks. You have a commander and observer class they both have to be on a team and work together to call in an airstrike.

I’m really enjoying playing commander. If the commander and observer do a good job they can really help win a game. Have to stay alive though so I don’t push to the front as much as when playing a different class.

Soldato
Yes I was. I was also playing for a couple of hours and use the same username. What username do you go by?
I pretty much always just use “find match”. If there was one thing I’d like to see at this point it would be a better server browser. Even something like BF3 would be fantastic. Atm it’s random which map you get and I’d like to play the new map more and hardcore more.

I'm "DaiaBu" in game. I usually use the server browser, and play co-op almost exclusively. I found a couple of decent servers which promote slower, more tactical play. I prefer that, and also, if you join a specific server, you stay on it, which is good when you find a decent bunch of players you can stick with for a couple of hours.

I was using the "find game" last night though because although I generally don't care about levelling up, I was playing around in the character customise and fancied a new hat, so thought I'd spend a couple of hours using "find game" to level up a bit and earn some points for cosmetic upgrades :p

But yeah, the server browser needs improvement. It did get updated with the last patch, you can have a favourites list...but there's still some annoyances (refreshing favourites refreshes everything, and if you join a full server and get booted back to the server list, it auto refreshes, which can take a while).

Associate
I just find that rather spurious. I can't max it out on a 2700x at 4.5 on a 1070, what are you doing that's different?

What resolution are you at? I'm at 2560x1080 and have no issues hitting 80fps on the heavier maps and often hit 100fps on the lighter maps on my setup. Everything on "Ultra", V-sync off.

Back on Insurgency......is there a OCUK discord channel for this?

Back
Top Bottom