• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core i9-12900K allegedly scores 30K points in Cinebench R23

Associate
Further news - crazy single core performance also, expanding Intel's out of the box performance lead in Cinebench R23.

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-c...g-4-spotted-2k-points-in-cinebench-r23-teased

It's rather interesting to observe how AMD fans no longer care about cinebench scores, when previously (when Ryzen was chart topping cinebench) it was one of the most important metrics.
That's not news. Intel competing against a chip 12 months old. Have you not learnt your lesson yet, wait until all the official reviews are out before banging your drum, last year you looked more than a little foolish after posting all those new threads about the 11000 series only for most of it to be tripe

Permabanned
That's not news. Intel competing against a chip 12 months old. Have you not learnt your lesson yet, wait until all the official reviews are out before banging your drum, last year you looked more than a little foolish after posting all those new threads about the 11000 series only for most of it to be tripe

Competing against what's available. It's just silly to mention that the chip was 12-month old, even there is nothing new coming from AMD in the near future.

Associate
Competing against what's available. It's just silly to mention that the chip was 12-month old, even there is nothing new coming from AMD in the near future.
There are new chips coming from AMD though, Leaks suggest updated ZEN 3 parts with 3D cache later this year possibly December, so yeah it is relevant plus what we are seeing is Intel at least 1 year behind AMD. What i really want to see though is a 8 Zen 3 cores clocked at 4Ghz against 8 Alderlake cores clocked at 4Ghz. Both systems running Mem at 3200 and a third running DDR5. I want to see the IPC difference in those scenarios, which architecture is better Intel or AMD's and ho much effect does DDR5 have. While we are about it lets do these tests in both Windows 10 and windows 11

Last edited:
Soldato

Near future as in the next few days?

AMD’s 3D V-Cache updated could be here before Intel’s new chips. Milan-X and Threadripper too.

Permabanned

AMD’s 3D V-Cache updated could be here before Intel’s new chips. Milan-X and Threadripper too.

Neither of which is an ordinary desktop mainstream chip which is what I meant.

I thought everything by AMD was cancelled, next is Zen 4 by end of 2022.

Soldato
Assuming the early boards will be limited to Alder and Raptor, does that mean if wanting to buy when Raptorlake comes around it will only allow that chip and no upgrade to Meteorlake?

I'll be going 64gb DDR5 when the speeds and prices get more decent :) maybe either 2022 or 2023.

Associate

Milan X should be very soon. Looking at that it has 32Mb L3 Cache plus 64MB stacked L3 cache per CCD so i am guessing we could see a 5950X refresh with a combined total of 192MB L3 Chace??? Plus with teh node improvemnets a subtle clock increase. It is going to be very interesting. I reckon AMD will only do this for Desktop chips if Intel push the current line hard enough

Soldato
Milan X should be very soon. Looking at that it has 32Mb L3 Cache plus 64MB stacked L3 cache per CCD so i am guessing we could see a 5950X refresh with a combined total of 192MB L3 Chace??? Plus with teh node improvemnets a subtle clock increase. It is going to be very interesting. I reckon AMD will only do this for Desktop chips if Intel push the current line hard enough

768mb of Cache on Milan X.

Associate
You need to expand your horizon away from WCFTECH. This article came out before Lisa Su announced at Computex in June 3E V Cache on a 5900X, from there it was leaked we would be seeing those this year. for reference also Rembrandt which is AMD next APU line is already in mass production and is part of the 6000 series. If Alderlake is as good as you and Dave hope then there is no way the 6000 ZEN 3 would not be launched

Soldato
Intel Core i9-12900K allegedly scores 27% higher than Ryzen 9 5950X in CPU-Z single-thread benchmark

This strong single-core/thread performance appears to be mirrored in the CPU-Z test, which has supposedly been leaked on Bilibili. The CPU scored 825 points, which is 27% higher than AMD Ryzen 9 5950X. While the CPU was not named, we can clearly see that it has 24 threads, which just happens to be the configuration of Core i9-12900K (16C/24T).

With 825 points, the CPU would outclass all CPUs in the official ranking, with nearly 20% higher performance over Rocket Lake-S i9-11900K. The multi-thread performance has been blurred out, but we can see that the blue bar matches the width of the purple bar (5950X), which suggests that both CPUs should have identical performance.

r5YbjpN.jpg

ZNsFC7m.png

JWa0W9w.png

2KvRrHB.png

Hmkjh3s.png

Soldato
Multi thread is probably somewhere between 5600X - 5900X. The Atom cores at 3.7ghz are supposedly around desktop Haswell performance.

Associate
Has anything changed since this from June?

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1672...acked-vcache-technology-2-tbsec-for-15-gaming
Update: June 1st:
In a call with AMD, we have confirmed the following:

"This technology will be productized with 7nm Zen 3-based Ryzen processors. Nothing was said about EPYC.
Those processors will start production at the end of the year. No comment on availability, although Q1 2022 would fit into AMD's regular cadence."

With this working with the AM4 platform it gives AMD a lot of flexibility.
No need to rush AM5 when you can give AM4 a decent boost and rain on Intel's parade.
Plus it doesn't need W11 to get the most from it, which will really appeal to some.

Associate
Has anything changed since this from June?

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1672...acked-vcache-technology-2-tbsec-for-15-gaming
Update: June 1st:
In a call with AMD, we have confirmed the following:

"This technology will be productized with 7nm Zen 3-based Ryzen processors. Nothing was said about EPYC.
Those processors will start production at the end of the year. No comment on availability, although Q1 2022 would fit into AMD's regular cadence."

With this working with the AM4 platform it gives AMD a lot of flexibility.
No need to rush AM5 when you can give AM4 a decent boost and rain on Intel's parade.
Plus it doesn't need W11 to get the most from it, which will really appeal to some.
I have seen reports saying the desktop chips will be out around December, it will ultimately depend on how good Alderlake really is

Caporegime
Caporegime
It does unless your adding an offset the boost or messing with PBO/curve optimizer.
Yes, my 5800X is effectively running like a 5900X in ST (5.0Ghz) its in my signature. It runs at that speed in games too. a hard load is 4.7Ghz.

Also, plebeian 3200Mhz RAM, 16-18-18-18-52 (2X 16GB)

Its not the best showing for a curve optimised 5800X.

Back
Top Bottom