• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core Ultra 9 285k 'Arrow Lake' Discussion/News ("15th gen") on LGA-1851

Some of us aren't yearning, Im still on X79 now, but not for much longer, I was going to go AM5 once X870 comes out, but if Arrowlake is out on the 17/10 then I will wait and see how that looks before deciding.

I still use a X79 setup for a lot of productivity stuff :( due to being able to fully use Windows 7 on it - had to build a new setup with a 14700K for gaming when a lot of stuff started dropping Windows 7 support.

Windows 10/11 is trash when you really need to be able to depend on the OS :(

Last edited:
I still use a X79 setup for a lot of productivity stuff :( due to being able to fully use Windows 7 on it - had to build a new setup with a 14700K for gaming when a lot of stuff started dropping Windows 7 support.

Windows 10/11 is trash when you really need to be able to depend on the OS :(
All very fair points and I might rebuild into a smaller case (full dual loop WC was OK in 2011 but a PITA now).
i have the money saved and was going to go all in on AMD for a change for their long socket support. Now im going to wait and see what Arrowlake brings, either way by Xmas I want a new PC, it has been a very long time since my last one.

All very fair points and I might rebuild into a smaller case (full dual loop WC was OK in 2011 but a PITA now).
i have the money saved and was going to go all in on AMD for a change for their long socket support. Now im going to wait and see what Arrowlake brings, either way by Xmas I want a new PC, it has been a very long time since my last one.

While the performance is still pretty good with my 1650 V2 at 4.4GHz - awhile back I picked up a Lenovo Legion Go with the Ryzen Z1 Extreme chipset and at full power it largely blows it out the water, even at 5 watt TDP limit it often matches or beats it heh.

I'd much rather have proper cores, no e cores or hyperthreading.

Personally I don't really care what type of cores I have, I just care about performance.

I've two systems that I use daily. 13900k for work and 7950X3D for games. Both perform very well, on a fully up to date W11 OS install with modern applications. Both are stable.

I think the majority of issues come from people that can't move on and insist on using old OS (Windows 10 etc), old software, or those that struggle to install the correct drivers/software.

It is getting a little more complicated to get the best performance out of the box these days, as it's not just a question of installing the latest software from the CD/DVD/vendor website. From my personal experience, most of these people will either buy a Mac, console or will use managed services (hardware hosted on the cloud, with provider doing the OS updates/drivers/etc).

Back
Top Bottom