• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core Ultra 9 285k 'Arrow Lake' Discussion/News ("15th gen") on LGA-1851

Personally I don't really care what type of cores I have, I just care about performance.

I've two systems that I use daily. 13900k for work and 7950X3D for games. Both perform very well, on a fully up to date W11 OS install with modern applications. Both are stable.

I think the majority of issues come from people that can't move on and insist on using old OS (Windows 10 etc), old software, or those that struggle to install the correct drivers/software.

It is getting a little more complicated to get the best performance out of the box these days, as it's not just a question of installing the latest software from the CD/DVD/vendor website. From my personal experience, most of these people will either buy a Mac, console or will use managed services (hardware hosted on the cloud, with provider doing the OS updates/drivers/etc).

Some of us are using software there is no modern equivalent of, especially when it comes to obscure game modding tools, etc. that said so far I've not really had any problem in that respect on my 14700K though Windows 10/11 is trash for some productivity stuff I do.

Has anyone noticed that Intel never talks in detail about the upcoming node / fab process. Including what products will make use of it. They want to keep selling Intel 7 / 10nm desktop CPUs, for just a bit longer.

On the other hand, they are quite willing to discuss the one after that, in this case, 18a. Presumably, that is for investors, because frankly, who the hell else cares at this point?

The difference between 20a and 18a is clearly not going to be like Intel 7 > Intel 20a for desktop CPUs…

Last edited:

find out more soon.
October 10th.
I think the rumour mill is getting mixed up between Luna lake and arrow lake, and now assuming it will all be TSMC built, regardless of whether it’s products for mobile or desktop.

Clearly, Intel’s priorities for mobile / desktop are not the same, as we saw with Meteor Lake.

Intel has confused things by downgrading the proposed mobile 18a product, to a variant of TSMC N3.

Anandtech is trustworthy, and wrote this article recently about Intel’s 20a and 18a: https://www.anandtech.com/show/2143...4-intel-powering-up-intel-18a-wafer-next-week

The article is unambiguous about which product series will use the new Intel 20a fab process.

Intel has invested billions in the 20a fab process, I doubt it was all for nothing. In feb 2024, it was described as ‘on track’ by Intel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom