• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core Ultra 9 285k 'Arrow Lake' Discussion/News ("15th gen") on LGA-1851

Associate
I would think that the 15th gen would not have the same issues as 14th but I could understand why people may be abit cautious and I'll keep my 13600K as its been 100% fine and have no real intrest in any other 13/14 gen CPU as a cpu or gpu running 250w is half my power supply budget. Kind of a blessing in disguise now thinking about it. :cry:

Best in slot CPU's for some end of life plaform's is kinda a waste of time as I bought a second hand 12600K for £210 while a second hand 9900K upgrade for my z370 was £240-280 and 7700K cpu's remained high for a very long time to the point where other AMD and intel options where better.
Have a 12600K and planned to buy a 14700K later but with the current issues it's pot luck if you get an Ok CPU.

Reactions: G J
Soldato
No one knows really, however given the current unclear issues I'd be wary of going 15th until either 9x00 proves itself performance/value wise or Intel come out with an actual answer to the current issues.

Its probably wise to wary of anything that’s pushing a few hundred watts through a 15 square MM die.

Soldato
No one knows really, however given the current unclear issues I'd be wary of going 15th until either 9x00 proves itself performance/value wise or Intel come out with an actual answer to the current issues.
While Intel silence is deafening (at least in the metaphoric way), the more people expressing pre-buyers doubts the more likely Intel are going to have to come out with proper statements and be forced to do something IMO.

Soldato
While Intel silence is deafening (at least in the metaphoric way), the more people expressing pre-buyers doubts the more likely Intel are going to have to come out with proper statements and be forced to do something IMO.

90% of buyers will be completely unaware of the issue. Intel will likely ignore the issue until its costing them significant amounts of money and the accounts have run out of creativity.

Soldato
90% of buyers will be completely unaware of the issue. Intel will likely ignore the issue until its costing them significant amounts of money and the accounts have run out of creativity.
if all the reviews play along and don't retest all current CPUs with Intel "safe" settings (whatever those actually are!) for the upcoming reviews and continue to use unrealistic settings then Intel PR truly are all powerful!

G J

G J

Associate
Have a 12600K and planned to buy a 14700K later but with the current issues it's pot luck if you get an Ok CPU.
I'm sure things will be more clear soon on whats going on as new CPU's have warranty but some people may not want to deal with RMA'ing a degraded CPU, some may want to keep the CPU for many years, have some resell value to fund a upgrade, etc..

It's rumoured Bartlett-S CPU's are due for Jan 2025 posted by Jay85 here https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...s-15th-gen-on-lga-1851.18980945/post-37259210 This really needs to happen for LGA1700 as it will be a more better ending for the platform so unless there's anything really holding back your PC with the 12600K I'll stick with what you have for the moment as Zen 5 and Arrow Lake are due and its usally nice to wait a while for new platforms to settle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom