• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core Ultra 9 285k 'Arrow Lake' Discussion/News ("15th gen") on LGA-1851

variants with 7950X or X3D also including changing MB vor better VRM ....

This is getting off thread topic I'll stop now

JyF0Ohi.jpeg

Last edited:
ok not talking about amd here .... not talking about cpu support ... so change about intel ... what i see in my country prices ..... MB Z790 and 14700K its much cheaper than AMD ...

I really dislike the way the fastest chips are only on the high core packages.
If they can do 16 cores at 5.7Ghz, why can't I buy an 8 core one that does 5.7 or 5.8Ghz since there'll be less heat generated ?

Which AMD?
9900X its about 100 Euro 7950X its 200 euro expensive and motherboard X870E Carbon for example its 200 euro expensive than intel

i have a 100 euro discount on a it shop and MB and CPU from amd wil me cost me 530 euro and with selling my 7700 and B650 with 300 euro so upgrade will cost me only 230 euro ...

Last edited:
because has B650 Gaming X AX has weak VRM

Its an 8 phase 60 Amp VRM, thats 480 amps total, at 1.3v it can sustain 624 Watts.

VRMs on modern motherboards are total overkill, the only thing other than that is keeping them cool.

This article has a cheaper version of your motherboard VRM thermals testing at 370 watts, which twice as much power as the 9900X draws, and yet still the VRMs are perfectly fine.

There is no issue with the VRM system on your motherboard.

Its an 8 phase 60 Amp VRM, thats 480 amps total, at 1.3v it can sustain 624 Watts.

VRMs on modern motherboards are total overkill, the only thing other than that is keeping them cool.

This article has a cheaper version of your motherboard VRM thermals testing at 370 watts, which twice as much power as the 9900X draws, and yet still the VRMs are perfectly fine.

There is no issue with the VRM system on your motherboard.

77 temp for VRM its high ... compared with asrock

Last edited:
77 temp for VRM its high ... compared with asrock

Think you looking at the wrong board that's b650m , b650 gaming X ax is 67c near the top and that's worst case you won't even be hitting that sort of power use

Vrm is not an ISSUE

Last edited:
They overclocked the proverbials off a 16 core Ryzen to get it to pull a ridiculous 350 watts and the VRMs are running at 67c....... i'm impressed with all of this.... :D

Last edited:
ok i not talking about AMD here its about INTEL ... i asked specialy for 14700K or maybe 265k in future if we will be fixed something who will be good in gaming in future :)

Back
Top Bottom