• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core Ultra 9 285k 'Arrow Lake' Discussion/News ("15th gen") on LGA-1851

ok i not talking about AMD here its about INTEL ... i asked specialy for 14700K or maybe 265k in future if we will be fixed something who will be good in gaming in future :)

Yeah buy 14700k and new board instead of dropping in 7950x3d in current board for less sounds good

Last edited:
ok i not talking about AMD here its about INTEL ... i asked specialy for 14700K or maybe 265k in future if we will be fixed something who will be good in gaming in future :)

14700k is very good but needs a bit of tuning. In gaming a tuned 14700k +ddr5 is 15-20% faster than stock + xmp while running cooler and drawing less power in cpu limited scenarios.

YMMV on your tuning knowledge.

7950X3D cost me more than new Z890 and 14700K

Wait..... you're getting a Z890 motherboard and a 14700K for less than the price of a 7950X3D and you're worried about your existing B650 board not having the VRMs to support a 9900X?

What is this Z890 made out of for you to price it up in this way, Lego? let me see it....

Last edited:
I would go 265K but I accept the risk just to play with something new and hated. Also, the E-cores are faster which should be better for the stuff I do and the 14xx chips may have degradation issues.

Back
Top Bottom